Fido's Nano

fidojoe

Fish Addict
So, here it goes-

My 2.5 Gallon Nano
3.2#'s of LR
.25-.5" Sandbed
AquaClear 150 filter
100w heater (waiting for the LFS to get the 25w in)
Coralife 2x 9w fixture (1 Actinic, 1 10k bulb)
Eggcrate top
Petsmart floating thermometer
Now I'm just listing stupid stuff Pics will come asap.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
BTW, it was set up on 4/2/04.

The glass is a little dirty, cause i haven't been able to find a mag float small enough to fit in there without taking up half the tank.:D

Also, I don't have a backing on there yet, cause I can't decide what color I want.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
My first aiptasia...ever! Don't worry, I have already injected him with kalk paste, and he is still retracted.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I also have a couple feather dusters in there that I pulled off my duster cluster that I got for my big tank. They have been in there since saturday, and all are alive, and opening, also, they are very responsive to my tapping the glass.

drdrew

fantastic. don't be afraid to chisel off a piece of that rock where the aiptasia is and throw it out the window. 5 minutes now could save you a lot of trouble later.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Actually, I'm not to concerned about it, cause I am going to have 2 shrimp in my tank, one peppermint, and either a cleaner, or another peppermint. Plus, the base of that sucker is inside a hole on the rock. I will have to take the dusters out before I get the peppermints tho, cause I have seen people's tanks be completely removed of dusters by peppermint shrimp.

Gina

RS STAFF
Nice set up! It's so small! If you can't find a mag float at your LFS, let me know. My local fish store sells some that are about 1 1/2 inches long. I'll send you one. What do you plan on keeping in it?

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Thanks for the offer Gina, thats very nice of you! I think I might be able to get my lfs to special order one for me, but I'll keep you in mind if I can't.

I will have mostly zoos, some GSP's, and other polyps. I might try to put a small peice of torch, or frogspawn. I have to try and frag my teal blue zoos to put in there, they'd be awesome.

Gina

RS STAFF
Those are beautiful! I love their color!
No problem on the mag float. Let me know! I helped Johnny out once and got him a test kit. So, I don't mind helping others out!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I found a magnet, my lfs had some that they ordered for the JBJ nano cubes that weren't coming with them.

I also added another peice of lr, some gsp's, a margarita snail, a 3/4" fighting conch, a nassarius snail, and some cheato to the tank, from the 50g.

Things are going good in the tank, except for a little diatoms, and that big peice of lr in there is doing nothing for me (asthetics wise).

Here's an updated pic:D

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice little set-up!

Yeah Gina is a very generous person and we have so many on this forum. It's going to look really nice once it matures!:)

fidojoe

Fish Addict
It's going to look really nice once it matures!
I hope:)

I have some zoo frags that I am going to plaster that nasty looking rock with:D But, I am going to wait another week, just to make sure everything is stabilized.

Curtswearing

Coming along great Joe!!!

Since you don't like that rock, have you considered turning that one big piece of LR into 2 or 3 smaller pieces? It's going to turn out great either way. I'm just thinking out loud.