February '09 POTM Contest

twoclowns

My large Hammer coral. Got to love the LPS! :bouncer:
7800_20090130125454.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member
Any Montipora (Spongodes, confusa, spumosa, capricornis, digitata, etc) are all considered sps.
Unfortunately, this coral would not be eligible for the Feb POTM contest. Sorry! Feel free to upload another shot if you have a pic of an LPS you would like to enter.

twoclowns

its so hard to find a healthy specimen, most that come in now are severely damaged and end up getting a protozoan infection, mine got the infection I dipped several times in a very strong lugols and tank water to rid it of the infection. The colony was originally shaped like an x the cross at the center was lost and but the 4 ends all lived and have grown about 1.5 inches of skeleton above were the crossing point was, its very healthy now and measures around 9 x 9 from each x end. The tips were originally green but have turned a very nice blue. I have only had it for about 16 months. Its also sprung little babies around the base of the tissue.

mantid

So then am I not allowed to enter this contest because I won last months? If not, how long will it be before I can enter again?

Well again there are sooo many awesome pics, not sure I should bother.
Here are my attempts;

Bubble
bubble.jpg

Pectina
pectina.jpg

galaxea
galaxea.jpg

Can't take the pics I want to enter as I left my camera eqipment at my mom's after a field trip to see the dead sea scrolls. :(

Michael: Had a discussion about this before in another thread about the creepy coral. It could be an sps, but you can see the mouths in the pic and their are no other polyps? Some of the fish places have it listed under LPS. I don't know. Don't think I have time to enter my bubble anyways.

Good luck everyone!