Ecotech Vortex or Apex WAV?

jaws789832

OK heres the Dilemma. I have a Apex gold system controller which I really like. I just bought the ecotech marine radion pros and the Vectra return pump. My next purchase is going to be the powerheads. I don't have the reeflink atm so everytime I need to program my lights I need to pull them off the tank, take them to the computer room and program them. I love the interface through apex fusion and don't really like the interface with ecosmart (ecotec's controlling interface for their lights and pumps and what not) but it sure would be nice to have all the features of the lights and pumps at the touch of my fingertips. So that leads me to the question of Would you buy the reeflink and the vortechs and have all the lights and pumps be controllable thru ecosmart, or the WAV and be able to control the powerhead flow through the apex which is a better user interface IMO?

DaveK

I think either one will work just fine.

I wouldn't worry about the interface too much, since this is something your going to set up and then seldom mess with it. It's not monitoring anything either. Pick the one that most fits you budget and gives the best results for flow.

I think your going to see the actual interfaces change a few more times before there is a unified standard, so it's likely you'll switch to a new interface on something in 5 years anyway.

If you doubt me here, consider all the computer stuff you have likely tossed over the years because the new machine didn't support it in some way.

Last edited:

desertcelt

I agree with DaveK regarding interfaces. You're at the mercy of the programmers on this one no matter which one you pick. I personally like the Ecotech web interface. While it has gone through some changes even in the last few months. I've only got the Vortechs, Radions and the Reeflink (which makes things a lot easier btw) so far and am in the market for the Vectra. I don't have a controller yet so I might change my mind when that comes. In my opinion, it really is a matter of preference.