Economic Stimulus and your Reef

goldenmean

This week my economic stimulus check was deposited. I plan on putting a good chunk of it into my tank.

I was wondering how the rest of RS is going do their part in stimulating the economy.
Gitchy gitchy Goo

Yesterday I ordered a media reactor (2 little fishes), a maxijet 600, and a ton of carbon so that I can start actively running carbon in preparation for when I try my next clam. I also ordered some medicine for my reef medicine chest so I am much better prepared for my 2nd Quanantine Tank which is currently cycling. I also got some other Miscellaneous supplies. So that was about $180.

I have also been shopping RS sponsors for a really spectacular Acanthastrea Lordhowensis in the $300 range. I have seen some pretty nice pieces at Mr. Coral and Pacific East Aquaculture and almost pulled the trigger last night but then I decided to wait and see what else I could find.

So what are you planning on doing with your economic stimulus $$$.
I hope you get to spend at least some of it on your reef!

BarbMazz

I'm being very naughty and spending it in Jamaica when I'm there in June.

Maybe I'll save some to spend on the tank.

CMG

Hey I noticed the two little fishys reactor says it only needs 40gph flow but those maxijets are a lot more. How do you control that? I was looking into getting one of those too for phosbane but then I found this so I am going to try it:
Gatorade bottle = cheapest phosban reactor ever! - Nano-Reef.com Forums

I already used my stimulas check even though I havent gotten it yet..hehe. I got a Tek T5 light to replace my PC lighting about 3 weeks ago. I am happy with my decision!!

goldenmean

the reactor comes with a ball valve to control flow. I plan on running Carbon not phosban so I wanted more flow. I may end up adding a second one for phosban in the future.

CMG

the reactor comes with a ball valve to control flow. I plan on running Carbon not phosban so I wanted more flow. I may end up adding a second one for phosban in the future.

Ohhhhh.ok cool. Cant you mix carbon and phosbane into the same reactor?

goldenmean

Cant you mix carbon and phosbane into the same reactor
I dont think so but Im not sure. I know you can daisy chain reactors together to run different media at the same time.

We are paying off a debt with it.
That good for your debt Al but that is not what King George wants you to do with it. :closed:
That wont help our debt based economy at all. :laughroll

Octoman

Mine is going to pay for Kitty vet bills. It was supposed to be deposited this week, but it wasn't. I guess they are mailing mine instead for some reason so it will be another month, what a mess.

It seems for a lot of people that the "economic stimulus" will be going into bills, taxes, or the gas tank. I may have to splurge on a little something for the reef tank though...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
As reef hobbyists and the expense of practicing what we love, we stimulate the economy in a big way without Bush's silly little plan!

Rcpilot

Has been struck by the ban stick
I bought a purple brain for $45 tonight. Bought a $75 gift certificate to a fancy schmanshy shoe store for my wife. Giving it to her on Mothers Day. 50% of it is going to pay debt, then we'll be free and clear.

The rest is going into savings.

And BTW, Bush is a tool. 256 days left. Countin' 'em down!!

einsteins

Just bought a TECO 1/3hp chiller at the Rockford Frag swap....

Perfect timing with summer just around the corner.

eins

kathywithbirds

nawp, mostly debt. Although Mike acquired a nice coris wrasse to eat his flatworms.

Opened a savings acct for the lil reefer.

framerguy

I'm sorry to say I voted for Bush...twice:hammerhea :smck: Blame it all on me!

100% of ours is going in the tank in the form of live rock.

BarbMazz

I'm sorry to say I voted for Bush...twice:hammerhea :smck: Blame it all on me!

100% of ours is going in the tank in the form of live rock.

SMACK! SMACK!!! Okay, there I feel better. DON'T do something like that again, Greg!

All of you remember there are tax implications for this "Little Gift" NEXT year! Ole George gives gifts that keep on giving!