dying anemone?

bex

I have a little bta - one of a few that split from my bigger bta. The other anemones are doing well but this one I noticed seemed to be wandering over the place a lot. One day i found it kind of half attached to a small rock so I put it into a small container with holes and floated it in my tank. Over the past week or two it seems to fluctuate in how well it looks - some days it is attached to the wall of the container and other days it is not. once in a while it looks like it barfs up some stringy stuff - it doesn't smell foul and sometimes it looks swelled up - but it has stopped attaching for the past few days.
Wondering if i could get an opinion on whether I should give up on it or try to continue keeping/feeding it?
I am worried if it dies it will mess up my tank (24 gallons)
I have attached pictures - thanks for reading

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 2

DaveK

This is a tough call. I'd say keep a good eye on it, if it goes bad, toss it out. Don't try to feed it much. Anemones can live a long time with out food although they may shrink a bit. Good luck with it.

bex

This is a tough call. I'd say keep a good eye on it, if it goes bad, toss it out. Don't try to feed it much. Anemones can live a long time with out food although they may shrink a bit. Good luck with it.
thanks for the reply