Dosing Trace and Amino

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Currently I dose roughly 70 milliliters of Seachem Reef Plus 3 times a week in my DT.

I have a Bubble Magus Dosing pump on order and I expect it to arrive this week.

The question is:

Do you think it would be better to dose something like 10 mils a day every day or, stick with the same 3 times a week at 70 mils?

mikecc

I'd do the daily. IMO. Slow and steady wins the race. W/ an eye towards refrigeration?
Plus from their web site...."However part of our dosing schedule (twice a week)......"
so maybe not.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I never have refrigerated it and it seems to be fine. I guess I just go through it fast enough.

ziggy

wonder if the dosing pump is just as accurate doing 23 millilitres each time as it would be with 10 mililitres?

Would think each day is a lot more stable for the corals then every 3rd day

mikecc

wonder if the dosing pump is just as accurate doing 23 millilitres each time as it would be with 10 mililitres?

Would think each day is a lot more stable for the corals then every 3rd day

I agree with both statements....reading web site...."Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 80 L (20 gallons*) twice a week or as required"

"OR AS REQUIRED" is what I'm getting. I'd at least try it, see how it goes. I guess....What you going to do?

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I think I'll start with 10mils a day each day and see what happens.

I'm also thinking I'm going to put my skimmer on a timer to be off for a decent portion of the day so it doesn't get skimmed out sooner than later.

mikecc

Interestingly enough in it's own right is the Guaranteed Analysis. 0.001 mg Copper per gram of product.