Dont forget your fraggin' supplies:

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
:grind: Just thought I would take some pics while doing some fragging. Right now (4:57pm) I am taking a break. Here are the supplies that I personally use, items may vary(not pictured-goggles):
Step#1
fragsupplies.jpg

And here are the specimens BEFORE gluing, sorry couldn't get pics of me getting them off STEP#2, the wife is at work, so I am doing this alone.
Step#3
specimens.jpg

These two zoas are my ROF' zoas and some orange on orange that I have.

Off to finish the process, stay tuned for final steps.

Tru2nr

lookin good so far i like the neatness of your opperation there u look almost doctor like haha

tippMANn98

I set Up the tripod for these pics for all of you guys here at RS.
STEP#4
Here is the gluing process, Glue on dry LR, dab the polyps dry, and attach:
gluing.jpg

finalglue.jpg

(If you care to see me in the pic, here I am:
DSC00981.jpg

FINAL PRODUCT:
finalproduct.jpg

Both final frags (about 45 minutes for both)
2finishedfrags.jpg

Here is where I change things up a bit. After Gluing I let the glue air dry for about 5 minutes. Then let the water cure it a little longer, then move them in to yet on more bath in clean water. They sit in the final bath for half hour or so, and then back into the display!
DSC00987.jpg

Final opened pics to follow, maybe tonight!!

Hope You all Enjoyed this!

Fish Crazy

Very nice thread - I have not fragged anything yet but always wanted more details so this is perfect - I look forward to seeing more

tippMANn98

Well, the only thing left is the pics...But none tonite...they are opening up which is a good sign, but not all the way...so tomorrow, when they are rested I will post again!

Wolfgang8810

If those are my frags i will be fragging some more of mine :) to make things fair. Oh and we use the same super glue I love that stuff!!!

tippMANn98

Yes, these are your frags....And here they are, lights have been on for about 2 hours now. The orange aren't opened up all the way, but are getting there.

zoafrags.jpg

tippMANn98

They are, and I am happy to spread them, and give to others. Each polyp is one less taken off the reef!

Wolfgang8810

Here are the pictures of the trades

1. A green porcilapora frag
DSC_0307.jpg

and 2
my zoe trade. they arent open yet. its been about 20 mins since the hacking commenced.

DSC_0309.jpg