Votes: 5 22.7%
  • one or two of my favorites

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • No Way! I have way to many fish to remember all their names

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

EdgeKrusher

I did, but then again I have two.

My Ocellaris is... can you guess... it's cheasy but fits, and everyone has to have at least one named...... ready for this.... Nemo.

My Royal Gramma's name is Dylan.

I could see the problem with naming your fish if you had a tank like Mike's.

Last edited:

addict

I've named a couple of mine...
My hi-fin banded shrimp goby is named 'Snake' because when another fish swims into his territory he does a slithery swim, gapes, and shows off his vomerine teeth, just like a viper. :smirk:
My orchid dottyback is named 'Jimi' because the actinic lighting makes it appear that it's swimming around in a Purple Haze. :)
And my possum wrasse's name is 'Wrassehole', though I'm not allowed to call that fish by name in front of the kids. :D

Icebox

All of mine have names, though it seems that I am waiting longer and longer to see what their personalities are before I name them...

Gina

RS STAFF
I named the first few fish that we got. Our Orchid Dottyback is called....Dotty. Our Dusky Jawfish is named....Dusty. We have 2 clowns and one flame angel not named.

wooddood

the wood dude
And my possum wrasse's name is 'Wrassehole', though I'm not allowed to call that fish by name in front of the kids.
good one dave i like it.:D

wooddood

the wood dude
Originally posted by reefer addict
I've named a couple of mine...
My hi-fin banded shrimp goby is named 'Snake' because when another fish swims into his territory he does a slithery swim, gapes, and shows off his vomerine teeth, just like a viper. :smirk:
My orchid dottyback is named 'Jimi' because the actinic lighting makes it appear that it's swimming around in a Purple Haze. :)
And my possum wrasse's name is 'Wrassehole', though I'm not allowed to call that fish by name in front of the kids. :D
good one dave i really like that name.:D

Xanareef

In my 29 gallon tank we've named every fish, shrimp and crab.

We have a theme as well, I wonder if anyone can guess it... :)

2 A. Ocellaris clownfish: Aphrodite and Agamemnon
2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp: Cupid and Apollo
Synchiropus Ocellatus named Persephone
Scarlet Hermit: Atlantis
and one Red Legged Monster Hermit crab we had to sell back to the LFS named Hades (he was a little devil, he was)

Alexis

Last edited:

BoomerD

My wife names ALL of the fish. Me too...Stupid 1, stupid 2, etc...Naming them just makes it harder if something happens to one of them, like when my 90 crashed last month...lost some very nice fish that I had kept for over a year...My wife cried...I cussed a LOT!

Reef Geek

Reefus Geekus
I heard that naming fish is bad luck. I didn't believe it at the time, but shortly after giving in and naming my sleeper goby "Goldie", sure enough, it went and died on me. I don't name fish anymore.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
OFCOURSE I name my fish!! I named my dog, cat and horses too ;)

My fishes names are "Pluto", "Disney", "Fantasia", "Randy", "Spot", "Dunken", and "Mel". :D

...oh.. and the cleaner shrimp names are "Felix" and "Ajax"!

ScottT1980

I have a now infamous red-lipped blenny that has been named a number of four letter words ;)

Take er easy
Scott T.

nigle

Oi!
Yes, sortof

and they are all called "OH LOOK AT THE LITTLE PUPPIES" said in a gagagogo voice!

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

mps9506

I've never named our fish anything. Even when I was 8 years old stasring at our little 20gallon community fw tank I didn't name those fish.
When I started volunteering at the public aquarium one of the aquarists told me it was bad luck to name the fish. They had one very large porqupine puffer if I remember correctly was named george, but he had been with the aquarium for over ten years and through every expansion project.

I do name my corals though...
It makes them one of a kind and super expensive to frag.
Like my MPS BreadCrust Brown Montipora, and my Amazingly Marron (Really Brown ;)) table acro...
You get the picture. The waiting list is now forming :D
Mike

NUGIO

We named ALL three of our fish
maroon clown: Nemo
royal gramma : coral
And my fav purple tang : herbie

I dont name them personaly, fiends usualy come up with the names. For example i have Muddy the lawn mower blenny( Muddy the mud skipper, from Ren and Stempy) a friend thought it looked a lot like him and her name for the blenny has stuck. Also have a green chromis with a name.