Diana's 90 Gallon Reef - updated pics

Raf

Just a few pics to show the progress in my 90. I have almost gotten rid of the diatoms *crosses fingers*.... thank you phosban reactor.

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Cheers
:)
-Diana

Jason25

Ok I am battles those evil brown devils as well, can you explain to me about using a phosban reactor?

JoJo

No fair! Yall have the best of both worlds, a gorgeous reef tank & a nice huge FO tank. Man, i gotta figure out a way to get my wife into reefing, then i can get something like yours

t_j

Vary nice your tank is exactly what I mwant to do to mine just at a smaller scale. How long did it take you to do that or for it to look like that????

Diana

Thanks guys :)

Jason25, the phosphate reactor is just a chamber where you place phosphate removing media, the chamber is sealed with a dedicated pump to flow tank water through. This way the media tumbles and has a great effectiveness in removing the phosphates. We use Rowaphos and must say its a very good(not cheap) product.

t_j, the tank is combination of several small tanks that we had. So the rock and the corals are really from mature tanks about ayear or more old. This tank has been up for a year and half. Most of the corals were already established in other tanks before they got merged into this one. I would say some of the corals are as old as 4 years. Most are in the 1-2 year range. All in all, starting a tank from scratch and turning it into this would take 1-2 years.

:)