Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Danreef

What are your secrets to keeping tank like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Keeping the tank stable is the most important. I only change water once a week and add Alk/Ca for the Acros. Aquaforest Bacteria and Np-pro. That is all. I try to not touch the tank unless it is necessary (hands inside). Keep also standard pump/glass/skimmer cleaning.

Filtration is all done by Macro algae and Bacterias (Matrix/ Syporax).

Feed every other day. I have around 15 nice size fish in total. A good clean crew and that is all.

Cheers
Daniel

dustinc

Is this tank still alive? I just purchased a brand new RSM 250c in white that should be delivered next week. I had been calling trying to find one in stock that was forgotten about and finally found it and paid half of what they cost new when they were still being produced. I really wanted a closed top tank and I've enjoyed using LEDs over the past several years, but I'm still a T5 guy at heart. I'm pretty excited about it. I owned the original RSM 250 years and years ago and really liked it overall. I love that you've kept yours pretty stock from the beginning. Would love to see some updates.

Danreef

Is this tank still alive? I just purchased a brand new RSM 250c in white that should be delivered next week. I had been calling trying to find one in stock that was forgotten about and finally found it and paid half of what they cost new when they were still being produced. I really wanted a closed top tank and I've enjoyed using LEDs over the past several years, but I'm still a T5 guy at heart. I'm pretty excited about it. I owned the original RSM 250 years and years ago and really liked it overall. I love that you've kept yours pretty stock from the beginning. Would love to see some updates.

Here you go:

Best
Daniel

Last edited:

Danreef

I was taken a look to my previous last pictures taken a year ago. Corals grew nice. I have a big coral mass growing. Tank isn't perfect. I have a lot of Mohano Wanda's that I try to keep under control, but it is impossible. Then corals compiting each other for space, etc etc.

Cheers
Daniel

Nobbygas

I was taken a look to my previous last pictures taken a year ago. Corals grew nice. I have a big coral mass growing. Tank isn't perfect. I have a lot of Mohano Wanda's that I try to keep under control, but it is impossible. Then corals compiting each other for space, etc etc.

Cheers
Daniel
I also found it hard keeping the corals apart, but then I just gave up and decided it's up to them to sort it out. I got fed up of moving corals here there and everywhere !

Danreef

I also found it hard keeping the corals apart, but then I just gave up and decided it's up to them to sort it out. I got fed up of moving corals here there and everywhere !

These best for a coral tank is to just leave it get it's own equilibrium. I only put my hand inside if there isn't any other way to solve a problem and/or occasionally to prune a coral.

I have connected to the DT a 40G breeder that has 70% of its space with Macro Algae and the 30% left with corals and fish. Plus I have 5 filter columns at the side of the 40G filled with Matrix.

My system is the 65G RSM + 40G .

I only measure Alk 1once a week or every other week. I use 2 part B-ionic. I do not have any idea of any other parameter beside Temp, Alk and salinity.

Best
Daniel

Danreef

Thank you guys !!!. But pictures do not show the small details. It is far of being fantastic. But I do not regret what I have done.

Thank you again !!!!

dustinc

Just curious, are you still running the true lumen pros? I'm thinking of adding 1 or 2 strips to my RSM C250. I'm assuming they look great on their own, but do they add shimmer to the tank when the T5s are on? Thank you.

Danreef

Just curious, are you still running the true lumen pros? I'm thinking of adding 1 or 2 strips to my RSM C250. I'm assuming they look great on their own, but do they add shimmer to the tank when the T5s are on? Thank you.
No. They only survive ~6 months. Changed them several times and stopped. Yes, they add shimmering, but not too noticeable.

roselyn

Really looking fwd to reading your whole thread I just got myself a second hand 250 and your tread with you fantastic pics is a great inspiration. Regards Rozzy