cross hatch released

jeffreyKTM

well I put him in and all is well but my tank is waaaaay too small for this fish.....seems happy but needs more room.....so what size tank will I need to carry him through to full size....I am willing to give him his own tank....these fish are just that cool.....I can pick up a used reef ready 180 cheap will that suffice?

myerst22

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... Did someone say that your tank might be too small? Hey we all live and learn. Happy to see that you are already realize that a bigger home is needed for your fish. Most people wouldn't care. So Kudos to you for looking out for the best interest for the fish!!! Shoot me a PM I know of someone who has a 400 reef that is in the market for a X-hatch. Not sure where he lives, but would be happy to put you in touch with him. Tim

jeffreyKTM

yes he is in my 94.....he actually looks pretty happy after rearranging the entire tank and digging out under the rock structure but the tank is too small still......I have a friend with a 300gal reef setup that has not been in use for years and he said he will trade even for my 94 set up the only catch is he wants me to set up the 94 at his house which is fun anyway so I dont mind and he wants my 3 killer acan colonies.....I will know if the deal goes through this weekend, and if not I have a 180 lined up already......the fish is worth whatever I need to do to make it thrive.......I am not giving up and selling the fish just yet but if both deals fall through for some reason he will be for sale and I would set minimum tank at 200 gallons after watching him move around for a few hours....they love to swim and are very strong.....

jeffreyKTM

well my crosshatch is feeling a little under the weather......Had some serious eye clouding but ate heartily.....his eyes cleared up quite a bit but his eating has been spotty.....he just kind of sits in his cave all day......hopefully he gets better.....gave him some suppliment and garlic but neither seemed to phase him.....guess I will see what happens.......cant treat the whole tank with non reef safe medicines so I hope he is strong enough to come through.....