CORAL LIGHT PAR RECOMMENDATIONS

Ken Ken

Hey guys,
just purchased a MQ-200 to measure the amount of PAR my corals are getting. Does anyone has a list of recommended PAR levels for all corals? Trying to get my lights dialed in.

Thanks
Kenny

cracker

Hello Ken, I don't know about pars for all corals.I think the consensus is generally around 100 at the bottom and 400 at the top. I'd like to hear what those with more knowledge have to say.

Ken Ken

Hello Ken, I don't know about pars for all corals.I think the consensus is generally around 100 at the bottom and 400 at the top. I'd like to hear what those with more knowledge have to say.

Yea im having some issues with 2 corals in particular that are bleaching....one of which is all the way to the bottom on the sand but is not showing any improvement. I have HYDRO 52 HD LED lights and innovative marine sr120 shallow reef tank....so its pretty easy to get too much PAR.

Oxylebius

What kind of coral is bleaching? Feed it while it is bleaching to keep it alive.

By loosing its zooxanthellae it isn't able to get the nutrients that it needs to survive. By feeding it you can keep it alive until it is able to regain its zooxanthellae. Corals can rebound given enough time and nutrients and if in an environment where it has good water quality.