Coral acclimation

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I don't drip acclimate corals. I usually dip them and then right into the tank.
I like the article and like the way propose getting corals in the tank as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Wolffman64

I love the video - "and now it's acclimated" :laughroll

I will stop my drip from now on with SPS and LPS corals...

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I don't drop acclimate corals. I usually dip them and then right into the tank.
I like the article and like the way propose getting corals in the tank as soon as possible.

That's how I do it.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I buy, 5 min temp acclimate, dip and toss em in. Never any problems. I also buy only from trusted sources.

reefer gladness

Absolutely nothing will ever go directly into my display tank again. Acclimating is one thing but going straight to the display tank is quite another. Needing to rid the display tank of unwanted pests introduced from a coral frag is a mistake I'll never make again.

Choff

If you dip, and I think just about all of us do, then it makes little sense acclimate. Think about it, you are shocking the heck out of the thing putting it in lysol for 10 min. It will be happy to get into anything after that. ;)

...stupid auto correct

kyle4201

Arnt you guys afraid of ICH? no1 puts their corals in a QT tank for a few weeks? Im just getting my fish back into my DT after a long 3 month QT to rid ICH. I would loose it if I got a coral and it brought ich into my tank again. I do use a dip (ReVive,, smells like Lysol). Dose this kill Ich and flukes?