Cleaner Shrimp Not Moving

Kovu

I got a cleaner shrimp a week ago and put him through the qt process everything was fine. Now I added him to the tank and he is not moved at all. What should I do.

Kiamose

Hi I hope this gets seen by some one as it's an old thread, is it normal for cleaner fish to not move for a while, and how do you know if they have passed on to rainbow bridge? Please help

cindyp

I had a fireshrimp that when it was 1st added to the tank would stay in the same spot for weeks until
he finally started coming out but he was still hanging onto the rock work so I knew he was alive.
I would think if it were dead it would be on its side and being pushed around by the current
and covered in Narcissus. are you sure it didn't just molt?

catran

@ Kiamose- Yes, it is an old thread. Be very aware that they molt, wspecially when there are changes. Mine molts almost every other time I change my water. They molt their shell and wiskers, search for the "real shrimp"!

ChrisOaty

Same thing happened to me the first time I got an emerald crab. When I came home from work the day after I'd gotten him i saw him lying upside down on the sand all white. I was so bummed. While i was pulling him out, i was startled as he scurried from under a rock. Thankfully, I was just pulling out his molt! Looked so much like a whole crab. I asked the lfs about it and was told that they often molt when there are chemistry changes to the water, but they also molt regularly to grow. I had him for a long while and he molted probably once a month.