Chronicle of a Recovery; With Pics

PootyTang

So now that the crisis is over, I've begun to rebuild. Admittedly, it's a bit late to start a chronicle as things are going along pretty well, but I thought I would just show how things went along. I don't have any pics of the actual crisis (I was too busy and too upset when we were taking out rocks/dead fish/dead coral) but here's the last picture I got of our Naso tang, shortly before he died;

Naso.jpg

After that, we put all of the rock and some of our coral back in, we even got a couple of new chalices after a week. Not all of the rock went back in, anything with the algae that I suspect crashed the tank was removed.

During.jpg

Slowly, after the last few weeks, we've been adding fish, and now we have a relatively full tank, all that's left is the yellow tang (who is still under the care of the LFS) and a blue-throat trigger.

RightAfter.jpg

One fish we did get that will be interesting to see is a cleaner wrasse who has been at the LFS for a few months, and is eating like a pig (eats mysis, brine, high protein mysis and nori). I wasn't going to get it, but it was living with my yellow tang and a hepatus tang that I bought at the store and, given the size of my tank and the fact that I don't quarantine, it will probably have the best chance in my tank.

CleanerWrasse.jpg

We've also added a solar wrasse

SolarWrasse.jpg

A whipfin fairy wrasse

Whipfin.jpg

A yellow-head sleeper goby

SleeperGoby.jpg

A Lamark's angelfish

Lamarks.jpg

A Betta

Betta.jpg

And a hepatus tang

Dori-1.jpg

We've also added a spotted rabbitfish (don't have a pic) and a sea hare

SeaHare.jpg

This was because I've started finding that same algae here and there and I don't really feel comfortable scraping it off.

Overall, everyone is eating well and the tank is doing fine, here is a pic of the full tank

Now.jpg