Catching fish, trap? spear gun? hook? lol

kyle4201

Hi All, I need to get 2 large black damsiles out of my MT b4 I add a few new fish. They have grown and became major D%#$@!'s,, Every 1 gets chased and hides all the time. The actually killed my black and white wrass from the nonstop picking and stress. I have just finally (after 9 months of fidgiting) got my tank exatally how I want it, tearing it apart AGAIN is not an option. I tried the net, HAHA!!!! I put the net in the tank for a few days so they will get used to it being in the tank and maybe they wont hide as soon as they see it. What is the best trap to use? and is there like a Valluume or something to slow fish down? I have 3 weeks b4 new fish get into tank and I want them out b4 .

ziggy

Just saw a post this morning that uses a coke bottle with the top cut off and revered to form a gauntlet.

Looks cool and I here it works.

Steve L

I have the same fish and gave up on catching them a few weeks ago. Tried the coke bottle trap and all of my fish except for the damsels went into it.

foxsavage

I would say your best chance is a tiny fishhook, you can remove the barb if you want. I've caught many different types of fish with hooks, the key is to make the food on the hook mix in with the rest of the food when you feed and the food on the hook should be the same size and type as the rest of the food. You can cut feedings to once every few days and put in a minimal amount of food to make your chances better. You may have to make your own hook if you can't find one small enough and use the thinnest line you can find with no sinker to make it flow naturally. Those guys learn fast and are good at avoiding predators, probably one of the most difficult fish to catch in an aquarium. Good Luck!

reefer gladness

Kongor

kyle if they are anything like chromis you will need to suspend the coke bottle of the sand rocks etc. I caught 4 chromis that way when nothing else worked.

take a two liter coke bottle, invert the top, using fishing line to suspend it in the water column and you should catch them in no time, may take a couple days so be patient.

If your having trouble dont feed them for a day or two, put a decent amount of their favorite food with some garlic in the trap, walk away, come back in 15 minutes and see if you got em