Browning Acros

aquaman3680

Being that they are on the sand they arent recieving that much light. I would start moving them up into higher lighting!

Matt

Jorgens

those are some nice frags.. I bet you'll have no problem with them coloring back up for you. Care to mention where they came from?? They are very nice..

your gonna love this one.....E-bay. 9 for $99. I didn't want anything too expensive or rare for my first bat at SPS. Painfully for all my captives I learn better from mistakes. hopefully that has come to an end as everything I've kept so far stays in rather good health. I did loose 1 blue tang but I think it was a bad speciman to begin with. I'm still learning how to tell from the stores. My LFS is not the best with critters.

And thank you. I put them up closer to the light last night.

Snappy

I wouldn't worry about acropora turning brown. They usually do this acclimating to a new system. I have had frags that brown out on me but they always turn back to the original color or morph into a nicer color than they were. I would definitely get the trates down though. 10k is a perfect kelvin for keeping acropora under. Especially if their reeflux. LOL.. Now that'll show you some colors.

What she said.

I'm sure they will bounce back in no time. I have had the odd frag I just cut turn brown just from being out of the water long enough to cut & glue, especially with encrusting monti's,(sorry off topic- not an acro), but they do come back. I wouldn't worry too much, but yeah keep the nitrates as low as you can.
How long were they sitting in the sand?

Jorgens

I let them acclimate for 2 weeks to my 10 light. they were in 20k. 1 week with eggcrate on top. the 2nd week without and then I put them inplace. Full polyp extension on all of them so I'm hoping for the best.