Blue Zoo Aquatics

nunlef

I recently ordered 3 "tiny" hippo tangs, a med Pink spotted watchman goby, a candy striped pistol shrimp, 5 scarlet hermits and a "pink" montipora digita.

The tangs were about 1.5", a GREAT size to start out with (for me, anyway). all were healthy in appearance, swimming in open water and eating within hours.

The goby was about 4-5", WAY bigger than I thought it would be. It was a little shy the first 12 hours or so, but was eating by the next morning, and coming out into the open.

They sent 8 hermits instead of 5, but they were much bigger than I thought. Generally, I see them at about the size of a pinky nail (I'm a girl, so I mean a longer nail), but these were all larger than a nickel in circumference. Not too pleased, but the description didn't mention size, and it's my fault for not asking first.

the coral was purchased as a 2.5" frag, but was more like 5-6" tall with multiple branches. One actually cracked off when I was placing it, so now I have 2 ;). Don't know much about these guys, but it looks good after 2 weeks.

The pistol shrimp was smaller than I was expecting, but upon introduction, quickly made himself at home. I believe he also quickly became food for my naughty star fish. :dunno:

After about 2 weeks in my tank, everything but the pistol shrimp is out and looking good. I'm very pleased with the quality of livestock, and would purchase from them again, without question.

deehz

I am always afraid to buy fish online. I never know if they are going to make it you know. However, I have had success w/corals online. I am glad to hear that your new tank mates are doing well and are happy! I guess I will have to give Blue Zoo a try now.

Thanks!

WayneT

I just got some polyps and an Acan rock along with a Kole tang from Blue Zoo. When the box was delivered the FedEx guy handed it to me an told me "looks like something broke". He was right the box was wet and I thought for sure I was going to have to make a claim. When I opened the box and inspected, everybody, was fine. Very well packed and doubled up on everything.

The Kole tang is still in my quarantine tank but he is doing exceptionally well and the corals are in my DT and look great.

Where I live it is necessary for me to buy all my fish via the internet and have everything shipped in, So far everything I have purchased has done very well. I do take precautions like dipping my corals and quarantining my fish for 6 weeks before placing them in the DT. All in all I am very pleased with everything I have purchased from Blue Zoo and also F&S.:thumber:

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Thanks for the post!

I have not bought from Blue Zoo yet; I was planning on getting some CUC from them (yes, I love John at Reefcleaners, but USPS does not provide overnight delivery here)

One note on the pistol shrimp - they are not as big as you might expect, and they hide exceptionally well. You may notice sand getting moved around your tank, and that may be your only indication he is around for a while.

tnwillia

I buy from DFS & Blue Zoo with out a second thought. Never had a problem fis or coral with either!