Blue spotted jawfish

Pat24601

They look pretty, but are they hard to keep or have compatibility issues? I’ve read mixed things about them.

I’m looking to get something like them. Any other suggestions on gobies or maybe something like the Midas Blenny I should look into?

Oxylebius

They don't last very long is most tanks. So many people have tried to keep them w/o success. They are a temperate fish from the Sea of Cortez and thus should be kept at cooler temps then most of us keeping our tanks.

Two good informational posts (if you haven't already come across them in the bluespot club forum):
Post 21: What You Need to Know About Bluespots
Post 22: What You Need to Know About Bluespots

@Woodstock has had success with a pair if you want to read up on them here: 65 Gallon Bluespot & Clownfish Home

Pat24601

They don't last very long is most tanks. So many people have tried to keep them w/o success. They are a temperate fish from the Sea of Cortez and thus should be kept at cooler temps then most of us keeping our tanks.

Two good informational posts (if you haven't already come across them in the bluespot club forum):
Post 21: What You Need to Know About Bluespots
Post 22: What You Need to Know About Bluespots

@Woodstock has had success with a pair if you want to read up on them here: 65 Gallon Bluespot & Clownfish Home

Great information as well!

Sounds like it’s probably not for me, but that’s good to know before I do something that wouldn’t work out. :)

DaveK

If you can live with out the blue spots, consider the Yellowhead Jawfish aka Pearly Jawfish. It's a lot easier to care for since it's from tropical waters. It's got a similar personality. Like other jawfish, they tend to be shy, at least at first. They are also excellent jumpers, so you must have a tightly covered tank.

Pat24601

If you can live with out the blue spots, consider the Yellowhead Jawfish aka Pearly Jawfish. It's a lot easier to care for since it's from tropical waters. It's got a similar personality. Like other jawfish, they tend to be shy, at least at first. They are also excellent jumpers, so you must have a tightly covered tank.

Thanks! I’ll check it out.