Banded Sea Snake

ds69

ok so first things first Im not going to buy such an animal but I am curious if anyone out there has experience with one? I was at the LFS and to my amazement they got one in. It was about 1 and a half feet and was only $30. Really cheap in my opinion. Although it is really cool I know its highly venomous which surprised me that they had it. They really don't know anything there and wouldn't surprise me if they didn't know about the Venom. I was just wondering if anyone has actually kept one of these in captivity. I have never seen one for sale and im just wondering. I suppose you would just feed damsels. What is everyones opinion on a Banded Sea Snake?

Thanks
Kevin

Witfull

was it really a banded sea snake or a banded eel?? if it was a sea snake they are violating federal, state and local laws on venomous animals. i would call someone in the dept of fish game and wildlife for your state for possible public risk.

ds69

hmmm well I couldn't see the head on it... but the tag said banded sea snake and it had the paddle tail. It definitely wasn't something like a snowflake moray or anything. so Im pretty dang sure it was one....

ds69

hmm I didn't realize there are banded eels also.... so I guess I cant be completely positive unless I go take another look at it. But the tag did say banded sea snake.

Witfull

was this it?

bndeel63_s.jpg

ds69

hehe I know thats an eel .... But I can't be positive unless i go take another look at it.