Baby proofing!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for ideas to baby proof my stand. It has 4 doors and I want something that won't destroy the panels, easy enough to still get open and still look nice. I don't care about cost, it can't be that much.

Thanks for the input!

DaveK

Knowing how kids can get into stuff, I'd say that was almost impossible.

You might try a 12 foot high barbed wire fence though, and hope that slows them down a bit (grin).

Getting serious,you lock everything up and bold everything down, and make it clear that messing with anything with out you around is a big no-no. It's got to be so they can't get into it at all.

When they get older, then you can put them to work on the system.

Danreef

Go to your hardware store and buy brass lockers (if they are called in that way) that have a place for a padlock (small one, like the ones used in luggages). I used to buy different types at ACE when, as a hobby, I was building slot car wood boxes. Used them to close the front doors and the lid of the box to be secured (locked) when racing the cars at the club.

It will be something discreet, pretty (brass or antique brass tone) and secure with the small padlock.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:

StirCrayzy

Those tot lock magnet ones look pretty slick, I never tried those.

I've been using the good old standard cheap latches for years. #5 just started crawling, the first four never got past em until they were old enough to know better.

hummer41269

11fbee0570eccd2c41f7c522c3456964.jpg
I'm going to do this to my tank when grand baby start moving around

Pat24601

For what it's worth, for my 19 month old twin boys, who managed to break my magnetic locks, I'm currently using a 15' long surf board strap (to attach surf boards to cars).

I have the strap latch hidden behind my couch which is pushed up against the tank, but I think you could also just scooch it in the back where they can't reach it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037LYGWC/?tag=reefsanc-20

It seems to work...for now...

(Tank cabinet is dirty from a water change spill I didn't clean up well enough before I took the pic...oh well). ;)

SurfStrapTank.jpg