ASM Skimmer ISSUE!!!

Snelly40

hey guys,
well its driving me nuts, the LID to my skimmer has been getting harder and harder to remove for cleaning. It is to the point now where i need to alsmot chisel it off.
Does anyone else have this issue?
I clean it at least once a week so there is never much build-up,
what do you guys do?

please help, im getting so frustrated with it!!:flaming:

Gina

RS STAFF
Hmmm....mine always came off easily.
Here's a bump for you.
Since you clean it, I'm not sure why it would be getting hard to get off.
Maybe if you contact the company they could send you a new one?

Scouter Steve

I put a little silicone grease on the neck and a few dabs on the lid. Did this once like three months ago and it has been smooth sailing.

These lids have a twist locking feature to them. I experienced the same thing with my lid. Now, instead of twisting the lid to secure it to the cup, I just lay it on top of the cup w/o twisting.

aquaman3680

These lids have a twist locking feature to them. I experienced the same thing with my lid. Now, instead of twisting the lid to secure it to the cup, I just lay it on top of the cup w/o twisting.

Same problem and this is exactly what I do. Never had a problem with the foam or anything coming out.

Matt

Snelly40

cool, that is what i'll do, i was thinking about it but was affraid of the foam coming out.
thanks guys!!!

Frankie

RS STAFF
You would benefit from drilling a 1/2" hole in the bottom of the cup and attaching a tube to a remote collection cup, say a one gallon pail or something.

kinghokus420

i dont twist the lid or even the cup to the body for that matter, seems to work well. i let friction and them cool orange o-rings do the work.

Snelly40

sweet, loving it!
frankie, i have been thinking about doing that too but i dont have space at the moment

Frankie

RS STAFF
No Lynn, you just take care of your on a regular basis where others slack off from time to time.