Are these snail eggs?

dobejazz

Are these snail eggs? The only snails I have are Nassarius, stometella and Astraea

I've seen pics of the white zigzags that are snail eggs but these are goldish brown dots

9836eggs-med.jpg

9836eggs_2-med.jpg

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Wow, thats cool, never seen eggs like that, so seperated, are you able to let them grow out? Steve

skymerle

My tonga nassarius snails lay this type egg pattern. I've never had any to hatch..that is, not that I am aware of...they could have hatched & then became fish & coral food. In my opinion, when anything reproduces in a tank, to me that is a sign of a healthy tank.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Charlie97L

you might get a few to adulthood, depending on your fish and if you have shrimp/crabs/hermits.

i have ceriths and nass that reproduce constantly and i see like, little snails on the glass in the morning, about the size of peppercorns, but never any when i get home. i don't know if they hide or are being eaten.

dobejazz

Very cool ! I'm glad for the first hand accounts :) The first batch (pictured) is gone but they have laid down another batch !

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Kelli, they may be gone and they may be elsewhere, keep checking the glass just when the lights come on, in about 3 weeks you may see tiny white spots. Good luck Steve

Jorgens

Charlie97L said:
you might get a few to adulthood, depending on your fish and if you have shrimp/crabs/hermits.

i have ceriths and nass that reproduce constantly and i see like, little snails on the glass in the morning, about the size of peppercorns, but never any when i get home. i don't know if they hide or are being eaten.

My ceriths are going like mad. When the "day" lights shut off they come out of the woodwork for a very short time and then most dissappear back into hiding. Only a few remain out all day. But remember for every 1 you see..theres probibly 10 more hidden...lol.