April '08 Photo Contest!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:bouncer: It's photo contest time again!!

April's photo contest theme will be SOFT corals!!

Winner will receive a custom coffee mug or mouse pad sporting the winning photo sponsored by Woodstock~ :thumbup:

In addition, the winning photo will be paraded on our home page for one month!

Please review the entry regulations below and have fun!!

Rules:
1) One photo per contestant,
2) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank) and must be an SOFT corals,
3) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed,
4) Photos MUST be uploaded to the April '08 Photo Contest Galleryby midnight (EST) April 5th!

Sorry, no moderators or administrators allowed to participate in this contest.

A voting poll for all submitted photos will be available April 6th and will remain open through the 16th.

Once you upload your photo into the April '08 Photo Contest Gallery , please post it here in this thread so we can see it!

Karma to all contestants~~

goldenmean

All right.
We should have lots of entries this month.

I was thinking of entering this pic I took last night of my Rics but Not sure yet.
I am still experimenting with my new camera and macro lens

RicRoc_03_08.jpg

Last edited:

olivert00

Jeff,
Nice Rics, they look great.
I see the camera is treating you well...Nice Pics.

Are any of those from Sharkys?
How is the red monti doing?

Debbie

goldenmean

Those Rics are all from Sharkey's Reef except for 5 of em that I got from flricordia here on RS.

The monti is doing well. Trying to mount it to my LR I of course broke a few ends off put I mounted those on another rock and they are growing well too.
I'll have to get some updated pics of them both on my 55g tank's thread.

I uploaded some pics of the Monti
55g-link-golden-chain-20.html#post423049

Last edited:

nikkipigtails

Mine probably won't win, but what the heck? I like the picture - I think it's one of the only good ones I've taken of my tank. There's even my hammer and Mr. Smith in the background going along for the ride.

2wcldsl.jpg

bigfish

This is the kind of pictures i could take B4 i dropped my camera into a bucket of RO water!

I was sold this as Xenia~ i think it is creeping xenia but a friend of mine argued with me that it isnt xenia so ??? Enjoy!

bpcx.JPG

panmanmatt

Bigfish, that looks more like anthelia, Xenia has a central stalk witht he polyps coming off that (the pic above your's). Anthelia is more of a mat like structure with individual stalks for each polyp.

bigfish

that is what my friend was telling me..... but google beautiful pink creeping xenia and they look identical! well never mind here is a pic! not mine or for photo contest!

BPCXWAVE509386.jpg

panmanmatt

It is commonly called a xenia bit it is not a true xeniad. Common names make things extremely confusing and difficult some times.

XBwlr

CZ_entry.jpg

Too much shopping?
Can I change it later if I make a better pic out of the same pic... make sense?

reefer4200

that picture is awesome. Im gonna try and get a good shot of my rare neon sinularia...but my camera SUCKS!! ;( never know

Frankie

RS STAFF
Can i use a picture from the 90 i had in NY? I don't have softies anymore but do have some great shots of past softies. It is not specified in the rules. It use to be, have and had but not to sure anymore....

Frankie

RS STAFF
I was just looking at the pictures of the 90. It was such a pretty tank. I need to do a softies tank again. :)

Attachments

• 90 gallon reef 204 (Custom).jpg
    90 gallon reef 204 (Custom).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 135

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Bwlr, that is a bit too much PS'ing. ;)

Frankie - yes, you can use old photos of corals you once had. :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
So many choices from that tank!

Attachments

• 90 gallon reef 095_edited (Custom).jpg
    90 gallon reef 095_edited (Custom).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 90 gallon reef 382_edited (Custom).jpg
    90 gallon reef 382_edited (Custom).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 132