HELP! Apex Controller with Steves LEDs

cdeeds

I was able to install the led retrofit kit with no problems in my RSM C250 but I have no idea how to hook up the lights to the apex controller. I have the ACI from Steves along with the right apex module w/2 channel dimming cable but can't for the life of me figure out how to hook it up. If anyone can give me instructions or show me a picture of their set up I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Here you go, take a look at the last page and it has a diagram of everything you need.

Jeff

Attachments

• Steves LEDs Aquarium Controller Interface 62215.pdf
    787.1 KB · Views: 36

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
Here you go, take a look at the last page and it has a diagram of everything you need.

Jeff

Jeff, so is it fair to say that if I have the Apex controller, I would not need the optional Typhoon controller? Are they just duplicating efforts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reefer gladness

Not a Steves customer but can steer you in the right direction. No, you will not need the Typhoon controller, you should use the Apex or the Typhoon but not both.

There are 2 types of signals that can be used for dimming, PWM (pulse-wide modulation) and analog 0-10V. The Apex uses analog 0-10V.

Next check the product description for your drivers on Steves site, out of the box they work with PWM signal. Per instructions on Steves site you'll need one of his controller harnesses:

-Aquarium controller compatibility - YES! Any aquarium controller with 0-10V dimming can control this driver using Steve's Aquarium Controller Harness. For this driver to accept a 0-10V input, Steve's Aquarium Controller Harness is required.

good luck

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Correct, the Apex controls the LEDs identically to the Typhoon. However, the Typhoon is $47, and the Apex VDM is $100 and the 2ACI is $30.

I use the Typhoon on all my aquariums as a measure of redundancy should my ReefKeeper fail, at least I'll still have lights.

Jeff

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
Thanks for the responses Jeff and Reefer gladness. It sounds like I have what I need to make this work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdk16

I have Steve's on my rsm 650 and use the typhoon controller but am also thinking about buying an apex. Is anyone running their typhoon through (plugged into) their aquarium controller so you can remotely control on/off of the lights?

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
The ACI was actually designed around the Apex and ReefKeepers to control the Steve's LEDs lights from completely off to 100% on.. We are actually releasing a new version, ACI V5.0 here in just a few weeks. I has solderless "poke to connect"