Apex aquacontroller Trouble

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I cant get my controller to work with aqua notes on my computer is says aqua controller not responding. It is working with my Iphone does anybody have an idea what im doing wrong?

Willie McDaries

sounds like a network problem if it is working with your phone still....is your PC and controller both on a wired network of wireless ?

steved13

PREMIUM
If it's an "Apex" as far as I know it doesn't work with aqua notes.

I think aqua notes is for the older neptunes.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
If it's an "Apex" as far as I know it doesn't work with aqua notes.

I think aqua notes is for the older neptunes.
Steve its a new controller i just got the Jr to see if i would like it.I also tried to set me a signature up at reef chat and it not letting me either

steved13

PREMIUM
Just copy and paste this into your web browser:

http://apex/status.sht

Or maybe just click on it?

That should take you to the Apex. The Apex has it's own acess software so Aqua notes isn't needed nor compatible...as far as I know.

steved13

PREMIUM
Bryan, if you say it I believe you, but this is where I got the info from on the Neptune site:

NOTE: AquaNotes does not work with the Apex line of AquaControllers. The web server is full featured in the Apex controller so AquaNotes is not required. With a standard web browser monitoring, control, and configuration is available on the Apex.

Again, I don't doubt you, I just had to make sure I wasn't losing it...although this doesn't really prove all that much in that regard :)

Willie McDaries

I don't have an Apex and am totally clueless on the matter but I was trying and would have probably only added more confusion LOL but glad it's working :D

steved13

PREMIUM
Where do i get the url for my controller?

I responded to your PM, here is a copy.

Did you read step 3 on reef chat? You have to set up a static url. Usually the URL you get from your ISP will change now and then.

To get your current url, go to What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... that will give you the IP address of your computer. The reef chat instructions will tell you where to find out the extension to your ISP for the Apex. I think it's under the network tab on the apex.

One piece of advice (I wish I had known) somethings change instantly when editing the sig gen on reef chat, but most stuff will take 10 minutes or so to update. I saw color change but other stuff didn't and I went back and started changing things and the first solution would have worked if I had waited, but when I saw the color change I though everything had changed and what I tried didn't work. I added about 4 hours onto the task because of this.

Once you get it all set up, and put into your signature, you will need to send Travis a PM asking him to allow it. Since you're a premium member he will. It won't show up until he takes care of it.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hey Steve.....i should restate my post......I'm able to control my apex through the aqua notes app on the iphone.........but on my computer i access it through the web.