Anyone used these bulbs?

madgaffr

My current 175 xm 10k is starting to look more like 65k and it's time to replace it. I read one review on RC about REEFMAX bulbs and checked them out. 36 bucks for a 20k bulb is awesome, but anyone using them? There was one review it seemed to be rather positive, but I'm trying to get some input from others. Is it wise to buy 2 of these for almost the price of one "higher" end bulbs? Thanks guys!

madgaffr

I know someone on here has to have hears something about them. Just trying to see if it's worth a shot, b/c if i don't replace this bulb soon, algae is coming!

mps9506

JMO, I have used and have been happy with AB, Ushio, Coralvue and over couse the tried and true 'saki's. I have never used XM's but have heard vey few bad things about them, and considering the number of people using them, I think it's a safe brand to go with. If you are loking to save a few bucks on bulbs, go with the cheaper xm's or CV's, at least you will be happy with them, and not end up possibly wasting the thirty bucks on bulbs which you may or may not be happy with. And they are still cheaper than spending money on priceir Ushio, AB's or phoenix brand bulbs.

BIGGUN

VERY late to this post but I haven't been here in a while.

I feel that the ReefMax bulbs are a quality bulb for a good price.
E-bay feedback at KMTBM is excellent. The feedback i've received from customers at the website seems to be just as positive.

I also warranty the bulbs and have only needed to replace 2 out of many hundreds of sales.......one do to early burn out and 1 that didn't fire on delivery.

Check out the site......I think you'll be interested.

I'm also trying to expand the line of ballasts.

Kevin

lcstorc

And a sponsor as well. Gotta love that. I need to order a backup set of bulbs may check you out today.
GRR I have double ended bulbs. Seems like you only have the single ended. If I missed it please let me know.