Anybody run a Current Nova Extreme Pro?

BEELZEBOB

how do you like it?

been lookin aroung, but have heard that this fixture kinda sux do to the stock bulb only limitations?

BigJay

been lookin aroung, but have heard that this fixture kinda sux do to the stock bulb only limitations?

Acckk! where did you hear that? Everyone I talked to gave them overwhelming accolades saying they were better then the TEK units and running much cooler. I called a lot of vendors and said the extreme pro is what they are running on thier personal tanks and that its probably the best bang for the buck out there.

BEELZEBOB

i'm lookin at the 20" version, and i guess there are no other bulb options other than stock, and the actinics are just blue colored bulbs.....

all was a go until i read this.

sambrinar

I do have the 24 inch, the feet slide.. here, let me post a pict.... Little big for the tank, but I really like it... give me a min and I'll post the pict so you can see

BEELZEBOB

i think i may go w/ a 24" fixture just for the variety of bulb selection.

id do 2 diff actinics, a 10k, and a 20-22k. with 4 bulbs

sambrinar

Here you go.. I love the fixture, actinics and daylights are on 2 seperate plugs. when are you wanting this. I am about to upgrade to a 30 and getting different lights. If you can wait a month or so I'll sell you mine

Saltwater_tank_026.jpg

BigJay

ahh I got you. I wondered why I had seen no 20" fixtures in any catalogs. Maybe its a newer version. If so you might see more of a choice in bulbs soon but I definetly would want a choice.

lcstorc

As far as I know the biggest difference with the Pro is the individual reflectors. That makes a big difference.

travis127

Im actually htinking about getting the 36" pro for my 46 gall tank right now i have the corallife 192 watt CF and im tryin ta get away from the CFs I deff think it would be a better light but I wasnt sure if anyone has one and know about it how it works for them