Any Opinions on Red Sea Pro Salt?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I got a sample at MACNA and wanted to use it. Anyone got any opinions or experience with Red Sea Pro Reef Salt?

panmanmatt

I know BillyR was using it and seemed happy with it. Maybe PM him and see if he can give you any insight.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

bluespotjawfish

I've been using it. It has a very good calcium content, but for me it is too low in alkalinity. However, a 50/50 mix with Reef Crystals is perfect! The 50/50 mixture comes out at 430-450 ppm calcium and 145-160 ppm alk, sometimes I still need to supplement mag, but not much. It is slower to dissolve (kinda like the Tropic Marin Pro).

PS - I did get a damaged bucket from Foster and Smith. They replaced it and didn't even make me return the damaged bucket.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
would it be bad to say ITS a RED SEA PRODUCT!!!! they haven't done anything right yet why would the salt be any better? i have 24 hrs to delete this post lol

Jason25

I used in my tank in the begining and my calcium was over 700 but my bioload was and is low.

bluespotjawfish

I wouldn't recommend it for a tank that doesn't have a good demand for calcium.

It is the first salt I tried that stated right on the container what levels it contained and my test were darn close to what was stated. I think that is doing something right anyway.