Another Tank

pgrtgunner

I'm buying a 14gl Oceanic Bio Cube with a 70 watt metal halide w/stand Saturday.

This is my first cube. Back in the day, you shouldn't start a sw tank with less than a 75 gal. tank.
Now, give me a thimble and I will give you a sw aquarium back LOL!!!

Anyway, how about any ideas on how/what to do with it? I have some ideas of what I want to
do with it, but I don't want to overcrowd it. Plus what kind of substrate and how deep and what kind of
filtering system should I use???

So many questions, wanting so many answers......Mark :wave:

frisbee

IMO, keep it simple. Plenty of live rock, maybe a 1" sand bed & perhaps run GAC or GFO in the filter compartments if need be. Piece of cake. With regular water changes and the occasional storm, (stir your sand bed up or vacuum it every now & then) the tank should last for years on end without any problems. GL.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I wouldn't run one on a 14 g tank.....i think water changes would be the most efficient thing in that situation.

pgrtgunner

That's easy, I do a water change on my Nuvo Reef with rocks, sand, and critters it's
about 55 gal weekly, so I'll just do one for the Nano at the same time. I'll just keep the temp.
and salinity the same.

Thanx PSU4ME :<)

DaveK

Actually, depending upon what you plan to keep in the 14 gal cube, you can cheat a little here. Change about 5 gal out of the cube using 5 gal from the Nuvo reef to replenish it. Then do your water change as before to the Nuvo reef.

pgrtgunner

DAVEK
I am still trying to put photos here on RS. My pics are on Photo Bucket, but can't get them sent to RS.
When I click on the first pic it just goes to the margin above Share Links. I right click and nothing says
UPLOAD. Maybe it's yahoo?? PB wants me to download thru Twitter or Facebook, then what? Probably where I'm
at now. Any suggestions???

Ok Dave, I got to the link (s) and did right click and a widow opens and says Global Settings and About Flash Player.

Hey dude, I just did it WOO HOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks a Bunch Dave. This is an old pic, but I did it!!!!

sirrealism

I have the 8g bio cube and its been running for 6 years. Love that little tank. Great for some zoas and softies. Maybe a goby or 2.