Aiptasia Control Tips?

Raf

So I have this client's tank that is starting to really bug me in terms of Aiptasia thriving in.

It is a 170 gallon softy reef with various reef safe fish in it. I service it every 2 weeks and every time I am there I do the usual Joes Juice application to all the aiptasia i can see and reach. I also talked to the owners re cutting down on food that gets spread around the tank, I even suggested shutting the pumps off while feeding.

It seems that the aiptasia are getting worse each month despite my joes juice therapy, is there any other method that would work? Any fish or inverts that would take care of it? I already know about Copperbands and Peppermint shrimp, any others? Do the shrimp tackle the really large aipstasia? How many would you add for a tank this size with some 50+ aiptasia thriving in?

Any other tricks?

sailman

I put 6 Peppermint shrimp in my 90 gal and it worked fine. Im not sure how many you would need bet you could always add more.

DrHank

5 peppermint shrimp worked well in my 110 gallon. Cleared everything up in less than a week.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hi Raf! The Canadian Aiptasia is a troublesome thing, I used peppermints, they worked good on the little ones and the newer arrivals, I would suggest you try stop aiptasia alternating with joes juice, I think if they survive the first dose they develop immunity. Steve

Raf

funny you should say that because it almost looks like they are in fact immune to the stuff!

Thanks yall! :whstlr:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
its like spraying raid on cockroaches, they fall down, have a little party and carry on, just nasty buisness