A Sad Day

BEELZEBOB

ah man. thats so sad.

but at least he had a better life in your care.

if it wasnt for you, he would have never know what it was to have a good life.

althea2you

awww sorry dave!! he had a good year and a half with you... if it wasnt for you, he wouldnt have even had a another good day!

mps9506

Very sorry about that Wit. You did a great job with Z, I didn't even realize you had him that long already. The tank will seem empty for a bit, but don't make any hasty livestock choices ;) You'll find something else to save at some point I'm sure.

Witfull

my friends. i want to thank each and everyone of you for your heartfelt emotions. Z was a member of my family as well as an unofficial mascot of RS. he epitomized what we strive for. a magnificent creature that shared his existance with us, bringing us all closer. today is a very emotional day. ReefWidow, my wife and i have spent the day in tears. yes a damn fish, but not, a member of our family has gone from us, to live forever in our thoughts, dreams and aspirations. i am tearing as i type this, but i must say, love life and everything it holds most valuable. each life is important. we all touch eachother.

i cannot think straight, i am deeply saddened at the loss of my friend Z. thank you all for your caring thoughts. i will thank you all later, but for now, all i feel is pain.

Dave

nijunet

Witfull,
I am pretty quiet around here but am around often. I followed Z from day one and always looked for updates. I am truly sorry for your loss but he was lucky to have been given a chance!!
Nicole

bluespotjawfish

Witt, I'm so sad! I don't even know what to type!

I still remember the adorable pic you posted of Zebra with blue spots to sneak him into the Bluespot Club! What you did for him indeed gave us all inspiration!

michael_cb_125

I am so Sorry Witt. I know it does not make it an better, but I totally understand. Whats worse is nothing anybody can say will make it better.

We are all here for you man, hang in there.

~Michael

Witfull

thank you Frankie fir this

Goodbye
a poem by Christina Sturgill

An old friend has passed away
Sick and weak with age
Until my days also fade
I shall remember him every day

An old friend has moved on
Sick and weak with age
For I will miss him so
I can not believe he is actually gone

An old friend has met the end
Sick and weak with age
Because he passed away
I now have one less friend

An old friend has lost his heart
Sick and weak with age
Until we meet again some day
Our souls will have to leave and part

An old friend has meet the fate to die
Sick and weak with age
His memory shall live on
But now it's time to say goodbye

panmanmatt

I am so sorry, Dave. You made him the happiest eel in the world. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

PEMfish

Wit we will miss Z too. I can not believe it was over a year and a half ago I was reading about his poor state. makes me realize how fast my own life is flooding by. You have my condolences.

Octoman

Z was given a second shot at life and he flourished in your care. I'm certain that he enjoyed his new life with you and it was just his time to go now.

lowfi

Hey Wit,

First off, Id like to say sorry about the loss, they are always hard, especially with an animal that is so close to you.

Secondly, after all of this, I think you should post an article or a sticky about how you nurse your "rescue" animals back to health. It seems like you do a wonderful job at this task and it definitely would help out the hobby and of course help out animals in need. I have seen tons of animals that were worth rescuing but just didn't have the "tools" to do it properly. If you could maybe put something together on all the things that you do, maybe there can be more successful rescues in the future...I guess as a sort of tribute to "Z". I think that this would be an awesome tribute.

My condolences,

Lowfi