5,280 ft

pgrtgunner

I live in Albuquerque, NM and it's a mile high. Denver is most notable for being a mile high.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time putting my corals at the right level of my reef. I can tell pretty much
that they are not happy where I have put them most of the time. I also know they don't like being moved allot.
I can't tell hard from soft corals. I tried guessing by touching, but that turned out fruitless, and stupid. There are
soooo many different corals, I can't find most of them by picture.

Any suggestions on altitude placement of my corals???

Newjack

kinda hard to give advice about this without names of the coral. Pics although will help a lot since you don't know the names.

+1 for new jack What type of lights/pumps/tank size/ Some corals require high light or low light/more water flow or low flow/sup feedings/water par are off will also quickly close them

I can say this though. I have placed only a handful of corals in my tank so far. Most open up in a few hours and I know there happy. Even then though they may close in a few days if they don't like the flow or light in their spot. Others took a few days to open up. So if you keep moving them they never will open. There are other factors like feeding, fish, CUC and moving other things in your tank/putting your hands in there. Usually bounce back with in minutes from these though. I found if I waited about a 7-10 days they will let me know if the spot is right. Annoying part is keeping my turbo from knocking them down and starting my wait time over again. Once they seem happy I glued them to that spot so they wont get knocked over.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Hi mate, I think we can help if we take this one step at a time. Do you use tapytalk? If so its a great app for quickly taking pics and posting on forums such as these. Next you need 5 posts, so chuck some hi's to us all. Then take a pic of tank and some of the corals which are worrying you. Don't be shy on the pics, as no matter what state the tanks in you won't get any flaming. We are just here to help.

pgrtgunner

I'm 66, I am not a computer whiz, but I'm not computer illiterate either. Tried Tapatalk, did not see an App for SW tanks, any ideas???

pgrtgunner

I joined tapatalk, but I can't figure out how to post a pic on here. Can you help?
Can anyone help me download some pics on here????

Iamonlyme

If you are using taptalk on phone there is a + on your key board click that than push the pic that looks like a camera this will give you the ability to take pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
u9e4e6ur.jpg

I have tapatalk but have never used it for a pic, always use Photobucket

But works and pretty easy (just ran over to the tank & snapped a pic of one of my clowns)

I read your post and gave it a go :)

I like Photobucket best, but this was simple & worked well - thanks for sharing

below... another way
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ay-post-pics-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.html