30x30x16 cube

Hampton

Alright so new build thread time. My lfs had an employee going through hard times (divorce) and needed to off load his tank!! Lucky me being there the day he decided this scored a pretty nice deal! New tank is a 30x30x16 tank with 1/2 inch glass, black silicon, over flow and built by glass cages. The stand was also built by glass cages but in VERY rough shape. Gentleman did nothing to finish the inside resulting in massive amounts of mold and rot. Also the outside was pretty ugly just a single coat of black paint with no sanding what so ever. Trim work was basically non existent. If I paid the amount of money the said company charges for stands I would be HUGELY disappointed in there craftsmanship. Door ways were not cut centered, trim was cracked and could tell it was upon assembly. just a pretty sad stand. However it did have nice 3/4 inch plywood structure and was somewhat square.

Also included with the setup was

Reef keeper elite
Maxspect 27 Inch Razor R420R 16,000K LED Light Fixture
reef octopus nwb110 skimmer
decent sized sump (cant remember the name brand)
obviously tank and stand
ATO
return pump
essentially a turn key system

live stock

flame angel
purple dottyback (closest I have found through pictures)
designer clown
Blood cleaner shrimp
unidentified shrimp (not even sure he knew it still existed) makes a loud snap noise like a mantis but have hardly seen it.

couple hammer corals
several sps
acan (starting to get its color back in the temp holding tank)
candy cane
favia

everything has made the move thus far just sitting in a 40B with a canister filter awaiting the cycle to finish on the tank.

enough talking though and some pics

system before purchasing

after a little TLC, paint and trim

Almost final product (still have to cover up screw holes) All the trim had to be made aside from the stand. Would not fit through the door way with it attached. yes this was found out the hard way :cursin: I gave the stand an antiqued look (per wife's request)

Lastly the Inside with a new floor and sealed. Also installed a completely silent 4 inch fan to help with moisture issues

Blue Space

Congrats on your new "reduced price" setup! You have def breathed new life into the stand. It's clean and organized well. Beautiful antique look! Great job.

Hampton

Big thank you to everyone! Cycle appears to be half over when i checked this morning. House is also starting to smell much better!

Any stocking suggestion are fully welcome. I have not given this much thought other than the small island rock on the left in my picture above will get covered with only Zoa's. Then the larger L shaped island on the right will be an assortment of sps and lps. Fish though I have given thought to. Really like those orange Anthia's but at 30 dollars a pop that would be pricey for a school of them. What do you guys think for fish!?

Hampton

Alright so update time.

So far so good, everything made the move. Only member no longer with us was a Dottyback. Over thanksgiving break while we were out of town, he decided to take the leap of faith. Struck me as odd since he has been in a topless tank for quite some time prior to my ownership. Sad but is expected with the style of tank....

Currently going through the diatom bloom, seems to be on its last legs. Gone from every 4 hour glass cleaning to a 48 hour glass cleaning.

Corals are showing excellent color and polyp extension. Fish are very happy and eating well also.

Sorry for the junky pics, just shot with my phone. Hopefully later in the week I will pull out the dslr and snap some quality ones.