1 way to post pics from photobucket (nanoreefing4fun)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
1 way to post pics from photobucket
compliments of nanoreefing4fun ... thank you :)

This is one way & how I do it, I go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket (they will "host" your pictures for free)

1. Sign up (free)
  2. Click on My Album
  3. Click upload image
  4. Then point to to your pic(s) on your pc & hit upload
  5. Then under newest loaded (this 1 way to do it) click on the pick you want to use
  6. Then click on "Share"
  7. Click on tab "Get link code"
  8. Under "IMG for bulletin boards & forums:" click & then right click copy
  9. Then here on RS in a post, right click paste to copy "code link to your pic" here & the picture will appear.

The code you paste in to the post here... so the pic will show up will look like this.... I had to take off the start [ so you could see the syntax/code

IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u298/snowdogwgm/rsm0724.jpg[/IMG]

When you use it... a pic will appear... like this :)

rsm0724.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
This is copied from the same thread and I appreciate both of you for the contribution . .

For those that are like me and like to see picture explanations, this link, used with Glenn's instructions above, may make it all easier to understand:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/561477-post57.html

By the way, if you're creating a post with pictures - use the "Advanced" post option under the area where you normally would type in your text. Then enter your text in advanced mode, and hit "Preview", and you'll see if the pictures came in correctly, before you "Submit" the post. If not, retry it again at the bottom of the screen and Preview again, till you have it. You can edit & preview in this manner several times before actually submitting your post.

Post those pictures!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I was recently asked this question in a PM
I just started using photobucket. Could you please tell me how to make the pic larger?

Here was my reply, hope it helps someone.

Try this... on the main screen ... right under "Upload Images & Videos"

there is a button "more options" click on this and you will see...

More Upload Options
Re-size my images to:Basic dimensions Upgrade to pro dimensions
Tiny ( 100 x 75 )
Small ( 160 x 120 )
Medium ( 320 x 240 )
Large ( 640 x 480 )
15" screen ( 800 x 600 )
17" screen ( 1024 x 768 )

Pick 15" screen or 17" screen

resize.gif

Added some updated pics - Terry took...
PBucket2-1.jpg

PBucket1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Uslanja

Hi everyone! Following this thread on putting pictures into a post is great. But, I have trouble uploading pictures to the photo gallery. I apologize in advance for my improper terminology. When I try to upload photos to the photo gallery there is a place where I choose the picture that I want to upload from my computer. I don't seem to be able to put the link code from photobucket in there, and I can't find any other place to input the photo location. So if I can only upload from my computer, how do I resize my photos so that they will fit here on Reef Sanctuary? Again I do apologize for this dumb question but I've looked and looked for the answer and just gave up trying to upload photos.

Thanks
Dave

donnaj867

1 way to post pics from photobucket
compliments of nanoreefing4fun ... thank you :)

This is one way & how I do it, I go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket (they will "host" your pictures for free)

1. Sign up (free)
  2. Click on My Album
  3. Click upload image
  4. Then point to to your pic(s) on your pc & hit upload
  5. Then under newest loaded (this 1 way to do it) click on the pick you want to use
  6. Then click on "Share"
  7. Click on tab "Get link code"
  8. Under "IMG for bulletin boards & forums:" click & then right click copy
  9. Then here on RS in a post, right click paste to copy "code link to your pic" here & the picture will appear.

The code you paste in to the post here... so the pic will show up will look like this.... I had to take off the start [ so you could see the syntax/code

IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u298/snowdogwgm/rsm0724.jpg[/IMG]

When you use it... a pic will appear... like this :)

rsm0724.jpg
Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.