red sea max 250

1. L

New member needs help with Red Sea Max 250

Hi - I'm a new member here and fairly new to saltwater aquaria in general (although I did have a saltwater tank about 20 years ago...things have clearly changed a lot since then and I'm on a big learning curve thanks you forums like this). Anyway - I just bought a second-hand RSM 250 system but...
  2. W

2 120w Maxspect Razors on Red Sea Max250 questions

So I have a Red sea max 250 and two 120w maxspect razors that I plan on suspending from the ceiling since ive removed the top of my aquarium. My question is will I get better light distribution with the lights side by side right to left or should i have them both facing top to bottom on each...
  3. J

Anybody using 2 kessil 360we on a RSM 250?

2 kessil 360we with kessil conmtroller. Red Sea Max 250 with live rock about half way up from the sand bed. mixed coral, most softies, on rock and on sand . Question is, if I am using kessil goosenecks, how far apart from center of the tank should they be placed for best spread, and how far...
  4. W

Stocking opinion!

As the title states I’m looking to see if anyone thinks this is overstocking a Red Sea max 250. 2 clowns 2 chromis 1 springer damsel ————————currently in the tank^ I want to add: 3 chalk bass a mandarin dragonette Maybe a goby but def not a requirement. I do 15% water changes weekly and...
  5. S

Bubble Tip Anemone Help!

So I started out with just one, now they have split into so many I can't count. If I were to guess i'd say I have around 30 baseball sized rose bubble anemones. Well this is a problem for my non-clownfish as well as the fact that i'd like to have a reef tank. So I am looking to either sell...
  6. W

RSM Max 250 skimmer or media basket?

As the title suggests should I upgrade my skimmer first or would you say the media basket to add more media. New tank built, finished my cycle and currently have 2 fish. Not sure which I should do first since I found a skimmer for the price of the basket with shipping. Any help is appreciated!
  7. W

New to reefing and need help!

I’m new to reefing as in just getting into the hobby and I have the choice between a Red Sea max 250 with upgraded leds to Vertex aquaristik illumilux 600 mbi or I could get an Inovative marine nuvo fusion 50 lagoon. Which is a better choice? They’re the same price.
  8. Kirsten Hammett

Red Sea Max 250 Filtration recommendations.

I Red Sea Max 250 that has been running for about 5 years now and I have always had some issues with algae/ high nitrates/ high phosphates. I do regular water changes but my corals have never seemed to really do that great. Most live but never have great color. I have been following some forums...
  9. Chau555

deltec MC500 protine skimmer

I own a Red Sea max 250 my protine skimmer My skimmer cup and lid is broken. Does anyone know where to get a replacement? I’ve tried DD.