Search results

1. ragvette

Trying to reduce my electrical bill $$$

With 3 x 250mh running it has really increased the electrical bill each month so I’ve done some research on my current utility provider here in Illinois which is ComEd. ComEd charges a flat rate for electrically usage no matter what time of day you’re using it. My research has found my local...
  2. ragvette

DIY - Reef Controller - Feedback please

Well after thinking about the DIY Reef Controller for a long time I decide to take the plunge this weekend and start designing the program. The DIY will use X10 devices to control all the lighting, heating and cooling of my 135g reef tank. Below is what I have designed so far. Nothing is...
  3. ragvette

Chicago is so ready for the next Olympics

From another source: "After his tour was over" :laughroll
  4. ragvette

135gal Reef Build (Many Pics)

I picked up a 135Gallon Oceanic Aquarium last month. Here is the tank the day I picked it up sitting in my garage in need of some cleaning. It was too heavy for only two guys to carry it into my basement. Also it should be easier to clean in the garage and then give the back a new coat of...
  5. ragvette

Timing of Lights?

So what hours do you keep your lights on? Mine are on from 8:00am to 8:00pm on both tanks so I only have a few hours after getting home to enjoy the reef. Picking up some timers tonight so I can adjust the timing to 10:00am to 10:00pm
  6. ragvette

ID Please

Have not a clue what this is. :help1: Another on the other side of the tank.
  7. ragvette

New Technology for Lighting

I wonder if this would work as a method to light a reef aquarium. The unit captures the sun and brings it into the building using fiber optics. I am thinking depending on where someone lives they would still need backup lighting during the cloudy periods. Guess it also depends on $$$$. Sun...
  8. ragvette

Local Reef Store Locator

Was a little bored today so I created my own personal web site which includes a "Local Reef Store Locator" page. Feel free to add in your local favorite. Local Reef Store Locator Please let me know what you think.
  9. ragvette

frag trays?

Looking for frag trays that stick to the side of the tank and wonder where they can be purchased at? Something like this: Need to give credit for the image above to Daniel. He's got frags for sale here.
  10. ragvette

How do I get an overflow rating?

I have an All-Glass 65gal aquarium with a built in overflow. How do I find out the max water flow that the overflow can handle?
  11. ragvette

Did some hunting tonight!

Found this under my live rock at the top of the 65gal tank. It's no longer in the tank. Crab legs tomorrow for dinner anyone? The coin next to the crab is a dime. :bugout: Click here for larger photo Click here for larger photo Click here for larger photo
  12. ragvette

OT: Anyone have a New Years resolution?

Mine is to lose 30lbs. Real original isn't it but required. :)
  13. ragvette

Starting my 65 gallon Reef Aquarium log

Equipment List: 65 gallon All Glass Aquarium with built in overflow. 1 - 250watt MH Fixture with 2-VHO actinic lights 3 - Maxijet 1200 Power head 1 - RIO 1700 in Sump 2 - 200watt Heaters Reef Log: 12/13/2007 – Picked up the 65 gallon All Glass Aquarium with a built in overflow from...
  14. ragvette

CPR Bak-Pak skimmer stopped

My CPR Bak-pak skimmer stopped working. I plugged it into another outlet but with no luck. Thinking the problem is with the RIO 600 and it just decided to die. Should I look for anything?
  15. ragvette

Panic is not good

Panic is not a good thing when setting up and maintaining a reef aquarium. Yesterday morning I was measuring the Salinity of my 20gal Nano and got a reading of 1.030 SG which is way above where I keep it. So I did a little panic attack trying to figure out why it climbed so much. After I...
  16. ragvette

Technology rebuilds reefs (video)

Interesting video of how Technology is rebuilding a reef. For video Click here
  17. ragvette

OT-Owned!

Lets see your favortie "owned" photos. This one always gets me laughing. Poor kid.
  18. ragvette

I have an illness!

I wake up in the morning and get a strange feeling. I get the feeling the 20gal Nano tank that I just started isn’t all that I want. The urge of getting something bigger 150gal, 200gal, 300gal is racing across my brain. I spend hours on the internet planning out the new tank, going in the...
  19. ragvette

My 20gal Nano Reef (ragvette)

It's not even a week old but its making progress. :whstlr: Last weekend painted the back blue and the bottom of the tank black. Re-painted the back of tank on Monday (12/2/2007) because after giving it a second coat, the paint bubbled so I scraped the back with a razor and re-done it Monday...
  20. ragvette

2 cans of spray paint, 1 20gal tank and

it's a start. I got the bottom and the back of the tank painted last night. It's dry tonight so I placed it on the stand. Now it's a matter of filling it with water and getting back into the hobby after 8 years of not having a reef tank. :wave: Painted the bottom black, the back is a...