Search results

1. ragvette

Mixing saltwater, can I do it in the tank? (55 gallon)

Just remember when your adding in sand and lr, it will displace the water in the tank so you don't need a full tank of water. :thumbup:
  2. ragvette

Trying to reduce my electrical bill $$$

The meter has been switched over during last week and my plan is now on an hourly rate. Here is ComEd's hourly rate view. https://il.thewattspot.com/login.do?method=showChart Since the cheapest rates are overnight, the tanks have been converted over to run mainly in the evening hours and overnight.
  3. ragvette

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I do plan on building a DIY LED hood this winter to replace the Mh that I currently have for my 125g tank. I’ll replace a single MH bulb on the 125g first and see how everything works out and then look into replacing the lighting on the 135g with all LED’s...
  4. ragvette

With 3 x 250mh running it has really increased the electrical bill each month so I’ve done some research on my current utility provider here in Illinois which is ComEd. ComEd charges a flat rate for electrically usage no matter what time of day you’re using it. My research has found my local...
  5. ragvette

DIY - Reef Controller - Feedback please

Al, thanks for the support. Dave, great thinking. My first step would be a simple USB temperature sensor and then expand from that point. Did a little research on temperature sensors and would like to get the count up to 8 or 12 sensors that it could handle. Since I have multiple tanks I...
  6. ragvette

DIY - Reef Controller - Feedback please

Well after thinking about the DIY Reef Controller for a long time I decide to take the plunge this weekend and start designing the program. The DIY will use X10 devices to control all the lighting, heating and cooling of my 135g reef tank. Below is what I have designed so far. Nothing is...
  7. ragvette

135gal Reef Build (Many Pics)

8. ragvette

What do you attach frags to?

I have used empty snail shells for zoa's. If I don't have any Rubble around, a hammer to some large live rock solves that problem.
  9. ragvette

ok, here is the entire setup. Photo below is the 135g is on the right, the 125g frag tank is to the left and the small 20g RO/DI water reserve tank that feeds into the 55g sump tank is in the center. Here is a better picture of the 20g RO/DI fresh water reserve with the 55g sump to the left...
  10. ragvette

Thanks JoJo. I had a 90g running 10years ago, just got back into the hobby a year ago. You'll be back. :thumbup:
  11. ragvette

Took some more photos this evening, here is the left side of the tank. A middle shot.
  12. ragvette

Here are some macro shots. I just got the macro lens and really need to work on getting some better shots. My favorite macro shot so far.
  13. ragvette

Thanks everyone :clink: I'll try posting some macro shots in the next few days.
  14. ragvette

The build is coming along well JoJo, here are the latest pics from today. Enjoy :clink: I really like this photo.
  15. ragvette

Chicago is so ready for the next Olympics

From another source: "After his tour was over" :laughroll
  16. ragvette

Some progress pics (from June 2008) Getting the tank ready for paint. Turned out ok.
  17. ragvette

It's been awhile :ashamed: Thanks tbittner, it olivert00 old 135g setup that I got early last year. The build has been coming along very good.
  18. ragvette

180 for sale with lots of extras!

Very nice setup!
  19. ragvette

update on michigan lfs locations

If you could add the store to the following site that would be great. Thanks. :thumbup: LagoonReef.com - Reef Store Locator
  20. ragvette

Starting my 65 gallon Reef Aquarium log

Well, I did my first water change this evening :bouncer: It's only been 6 months. :smck: