Search results

1. Newt

Old member new name and hello...

Hi everyone! My name is Jason, don't know if any of you will remember me. Its been a little over two years since I joined the community, and months since I've last been active. I used to post under JKreef, got tired of the name, and am trying to keep my forum names all similar to help me keep...
  2. Newt

Hello Again

Just wanted to say Hi to all my old, and new RS friends after quite a long hiatus. I plan on being much more active on the boards as once before, and 2007 is a year for a new saltwater system for me...so hopefully good things to come! -Jason
  3. Newt

Smallest known fish article.

Received this link from my biology teacher, thought it was very interesting so I'd share with you all. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5173637
  4. Newt

My Tortoise!

I've had my baby Redfoot tortoise (Raphael) since October 2005, and I figured since everything else has had their photos posted here I wouldn't leave him? out. So here he is. Enjoy! -Jason
  5. Newt

OT: Python pics!

Had my pair of Ball Pythons out today, and decided take the opportunity to snap some photos, and share them here with some other cold blood fans. Just a little background on the pair. Their names are Shogun (Male) and Q (Female) and both are 2 years old and just a bit over 4 feet in length...
  6. Newt

OT: Lets See Some Non-Wet Pets!

I'm not sure if there is an old thread for this,if not here's a new one. Just curious on what other types of critters people like to keep besides fish tanks. Any oddities or rarities out there? If you got anything you'd like to show, by all means please do. For myself the passion other than...
  7. Newt

Jason's Cherry Pickin'

Just was looking around on the net doing a little "window shopping" here's a few that caught my eye. Blueberry Gongonia $79 Purple Gorgonia 6-8in. high Acanthastrea sp. $10 per polyp (for those looking to start acan collectin') Purple tip Neon Green Frogspawn $49 Anyone...
  8. Newt

OT: Good Planted tank sites?

I'm by no means getting out of reef keeping, I just think it's time to back track to my freshwater days and start up a planted tank to add to my tank collection. So does anyone have a good FW forum that I can look at to get some ideas? Hopefully I can get a tank somewhere near the quality...
  9. Newt

The JKreef 16g Nano Project...

Welcome to the Madness! :bigbounce Well I decided that this morning is just as good of time as any to start the thread for my future 16 gallon acrylic nano chronicle. First off, the tank dimensions... 30"x12"x10" some very interesting dimensions for a 16 gallon tank, and the 10" depth...
  10. Newt

New 16g setup means ?s

Just purchased a 16 gallon nano tank! So you all should expect to see a new chronicle soon. The tank is acrylic and the dimensions are 30x12x10, so it should make for an interesting display. :) The only thing now is I'm going to have to figure out all of the plumbing. There are two 1/2"...
  11. Newt

OT:Yankees vs. Angels

Predictions? I think the Angels will take tonights game...no idea on the score, but it oughta be good.
  12. Newt

OT: Parrot Advice...again.

I've wanted a bird for some time now, and some of you may have seen the post that I was looking into many of the species of conures. Well I decided against the bird for quite a while because with starting school this last year, and having a new job I just did not know if I would have time, or a...
  13. Newt

Pondering a new money pit!

I've been thinking for a few weeks now about starting up a nano tank. I have two possible options to go with: 1.) Buy a stock JBJ Nanocube DX and do a few lighting and flow moderations. or 2.) Attempt to build a custom acrylic cube, to what dimensions I really have no idea, but with a built...
  14. Newt

OT: Herps!

Well I know that I while back many of you may have seen a thread of mine that said that I wanted a Green Cheek Conure, and while I think that those bird are very cool I just don't think that I would have time or money to properly take care of it because I've read they are about just as demanding...
  15. Newt

Anyone looking for a Sohal Tang?

If any of you are looking for a great deal on a Sohal Tang check out Vivid Aquariums They are running a sale on them for $69.99 on a 2 1/2-3 1/2 inch sizes. Just thought I would share a good deal when I saw one! :turntable
  16. Newt

OT: My other dream!

For the longest time I have been researching everything Conures. Still living at home with the parents I figured that getting a bird was out of the question, but tonight I brought up the idea to the parents and they said that it would not only be fine, but they are all for it. So I've decided...
  17. Newt

Acanthurus mata aka Mata Tang

Anyone know where I can find out any information about them? I've been looking all over and can't find anything, all I've located are beautiful pictures of them. Any help would be great. :) Jason
  18. Newt

JKreef's 75 Gallon Project

Updated quite a bit throughout the entirety of the contents, so expect major changes in equipment, and livestock. But hey,,,that's half of the fun So the quest starts here. Well in reality, this tank has been a long time coming. I started planning for the tank in late December and early...
  19. Newt

Hey RS

I'm new to the RS world, but not new to saltwater. I'm also a member at Reeflounge, Reef Central, and Nanoreef, so I decided to come check this out I'm currently setting up a 75g AGA after a failed attempt at a nano. So here are my plans: Display Tank 75g AGA (as mentioned above) 75g AGA...