Search results

1. luisgo

August 2012 POTM Contest~

Calcium reactors are amazing growing corals!! jeje..
  2. luisgo

Everything is great and corals growing!! Short video from Sunday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Bw1fAou8A&list=UU8kLmTLMnpmMHYLjmeBlJfw&index=1&feature=plcp
  3. luisgo

BigAl hope that everything is fine with your family health. Good to see you here again.
  4. luisgo

Jeje.. good idea to turn the pumps off for a clear reflection! Anyway I like how it is. Is like color clouds over the reef!! They started as three small frags in July 2011. Now they are creating shadows over the rest of the corals in that corner.
  5. luisgo

Here is my entry.
  6. luisgo

May 2012 POTM voting

I have some questions in my message box so I will share the information on an answer to BigAl07 Allen first I have to say that my experience with vinegar has been very positive. Very low phosphate and nitrate levels and an overall clean tank with no algae or cyano. My decision to use it was...
  7. luisgo

May 2012 POTM voting

Lighting - 2 175w 20K Plusrite metal halides (6h) + 2 72" 160w UVL VHO's Superactinic and 454 (8h) + 1 Reefbrite 48" blue leds (10h) Salt mix - Coralife, 35g (25%) water change monthly Dosing - 2 caps weekly of Seachem Reef Plus and Reef Trace Calcium Reactor with ARMS coarse media Vinegar...
  8. luisgo

May 2012 POTM voting

Thanks to all that voted for my photo. Here some photos of that coral progression. It grows very fast!! March 2011 July 2011 December 2011 May 2012 Winnig photo
  9. luisgo

Question of the week: May 21, 2012

BigAl, thanks for using my photo of the Red Planet. My tank is a mix of soft, LPS and SPS. The Red Planet is my favorite of the SPS. Love the color!
  10. luisgo

May 2012 POTM Contest~

Here is my Red Planet SPS for the contest.
  11. luisgo

March 2012 POTM Contest~

Some of my cleaning gadgets in action!!
  12. luisgo

December 2011 POTM Contest

Red and green! Looks like a Christmas tree :yup:
  13. luisgo

November 2011 POTM Contest

My Blue tang eating algae from clip
  14. luisgo

October 2011 POTM VOTING

Ahhhh!! Just forgot to download the photo :cry1:
  15. luisgo

October 2011 POTM Contest

Here is my 125 gallon reef tank for the contest
  16. luisgo

Chaeto dying??

I don't think that you need "a lot" of phosphates and nitrates for your chaeto to grow. You need some. The phosphate and nitrate removers will give you the oportunity to feed more. By feeding more you add phosphates and nitrates to your system. The media will remove some and the chaeto will do...
  17. luisgo

Chaeto dying??

In order to grow chaeto you need strong light, medium to slow flow and some nutrientes in the water. I use a spiral 75w fluorescent 6500k light 24/7 at 10" from chaeto, slow flow and low nutrient water but lots of feeding.
  18. luisgo

Help with glare!

First clean the glass when shooting the aquarium. There in the forst photo you can see the drops of water and salt on the glass! If you have good light you may try shooting without the flash and adjust color balance with a post processing software. I don't use a flash to take photos of my tank.
  19. luisgo

May 2011 POTM VOTING

Very close!!! Nice photos, WOW!!
  20. luisgo

Recent photos of my 125 reef

You can drive from PR (Puerto Rico) to Cali only if your car float or flyes!! jejeje... Thanks for the comments.