Search results

1. Doot77

Corals and Ich ??

My roomate has a couple of corals that he was going to frag soon and I've got a question for everyone since I havn't ever heard this brought up before. His tank had a bad Ich outbreak a month ago & he lost 3 fish, but still has 3 in there with no signs of it. Now I know that the Ich is still...
  2. Doot77

NIU shootings

As I'm sure many of you have seen on the news there was a shooting at another college yesterday. This one has really got me thinking because it happened in my home town and current place of residence DeKalb, IL. Just putting this topic out there to see what the rest of the country thinks about...
  3. Doot77

What could it be?

I just noticed last night that there are a few spots around my tank that have sprouted up some tiny little things. I tried getting pics, but my camera won't focus when zoomed in that much. The best description I can give is they are whiteish in color and about 1/4 inch tall so far, some kinda...
  4. Doot77

Ich/Quarantine ?'s

Well I seem to have a outbreak of Ich after some work I did this last weekend (see my Chronicle for more details)and I've got a few questions for everyone. I have a Diamond watchman Goby and I'm wondering how good will he do in the quarantine tank with no sand bed for him to sift thru? I'm going...
  5. Doot77

Foxface

I was wondering if there are any extra precautions to take with the death of a foxface in my tank? I know they are poisonous, but not sure if they release any when they die. I sadly had my foxface pass away yesterday and I'm going to do a 15 gal water change tonight just wondering if I should do...
  6. Doot77

Lighting question

I was looking for some new lights for my 110 gal 60"long tank and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these lights. I am running a FOWLR system now but would like to go to a reef later down the road. Any and all input is appreciated. OuterOrbit HQI/T5HO 60" 2x250 watt 10K HQI Model...
  7. Doot77

My 110 gal Adventure

It all started just over a month ago when I received a phone call from a friend of one of my co-workers who a deal that couldn't be passed up. He had a 110 gallon Oceanic tank complete with stand, sump, plumbing and a bunch of extras that had been sitting around in his garage for a few years and...
  8. Doot77

New to Reef Sanctuary

Hello everyone,I'm Matt & I've been reading thru the site for a week or so and I've found lots of good info here and everyone seems very friendly too. I'm sure I'll have some questions as I'm I'm just starting out in the Saltwater hobby. I 've just finished up setting up my 110 gal FOWLER setup...