Search results

1. G

What kind of plant/algea is this?

Here are some better pictures. Is bryopsis ok. It grows rapidly just like grass. There are some branchy plants in there as well. I think you can see them in the pics. Thanks for everyones help.... Frank
  2. G

Ok... let's try this again... Here are the pics. ( I hope)
  3. G

Ok... I was in a hurry and forgot the pics... Here they are.
  4. G

I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of plant/Algea this is. Is it safe? I am guessing it is because my tank keeps getting easier to maintain as it grows and spreads throughout my tank. It makes my tank look awsome! I like it but just want to make sure I am not getting into something that...
  5. G

Bristle worm?

Yes, Dennis, I have seen Tremors (Staring Kevin Becon) and I think those worms were kinda neat. Wish I had a way to keep one as a pet....NOT!! Thanks everyone. I put him back in the tank. I'm sure he is pretty glad about that. He was one nano-second from meeting my disposal. Frank
  6. G

Bristle worm?

Ok.. we have determined that this is a bristle worm. How big do they get? What kind of harm do they do if one were to handle it?
  7. G

Bristle worm?

I have never seen a bristle worm and don't know much about them. I started my saltwater hobby about 2 years ago and now I am finding new growth and new life in my 55. I was cleaning out a filter when I came accross this little worm. Initially thinking it was brine shrimp the fish missed, I...
  8. G

Strange Growth... Can someone ID?

ok.. Great news... Thanks! Sponge it is..... There is a couple of them in there that are pretty big. How BIG to they get?
  9. G

ok.... Thanks! Sponge it is..... There is a couple of them in there that are pretty big. How BIG to they get?
  10. G

It is hard describe this strange grub worm looking thing. The first one I found was over 5/8 inch long. This one is only about 3/16 inch. Actually, there are 2 in this pic. They form under the rock. I pulled the big one off already and threw it away before I took a pic. This is the only one I...
  11. G

Exploding Starfish?

I'm sure everyone knows if you cut an arm off of a starfish it will jus grow back... hhhmmm... don't think it works the other way though.
  12. G

unknown hitchhiker, is it reef safe??

Depending on what you have in your tank, that hitchhiker might be a good source of protien.... Ok.... that was bad. I have one of my own and it has already experimented getting wet. I don't think he wanted to hurt the fish... he just wanted to be with them.
  13. G

I am a new hobbyist. I have had my 55 gal. tank for about 2 years and have gone thru 2 phases of fish. Pretty expensive hobby to say the least. I have passed the greenhorn stage and now have found and fixed the problems. A year has passed and I have been pretty pleased with the results.... And...