Search results

1. Highlyagaming

Pancho’s Reef S-500 Roller Coaster

That torch looks very nice, as to the phos im at round that but just because Im having to manually dose every few weeks just to keep it at noticeable levels. Feeding more often gets my nitrates up but dam phosphate wont lol the endless battle.
  2. Highlyagaming

Douglas's Reefer 525XL Mixed Reef

Thank you very much, so far: 1x scarlet cleaner shrimp 1x sand sifting starfish 3x fighting conch 5x bumblebee snails 10x nasarius snails including a Leopard variant 1x blue leg hermit 1x normal hermit 5 or 6 cerithium snails 3x small turbos 2x mega sized turbos They keep the tank nice and...
  3. Highlyagaming

Thanks @Pancho75, getting a new tank is always one hell of a roller coaster lol. Slow and steady does it, aslong as I dont let it bring me down anything can be overcome lol Really want to have the top part of the rockwork covered in a few acros but man getting there is proving to be a hell of...
  4. Highlyagaming

Pancho’s Reef S-500 Roller Coaster

Man your tank is looking good bud, been out of the loop for a while so it was a long read lmao. How are you liking the new gear, that grow light any good?
  5. Highlyagaming

Good afternoon folks, as promissed in my old tanks thread once I got the new tank I would shut it down and start a new one to follow and document my journey with Red Sea's Reefer 525XL. If you have followed my old build (RSM 400) you by now know that I got my new reefer 525XL in august last...
  6. Highlyagaming

Highly's Red Sea Max 400 Mixed Reef

@PSU4ME this was quite some time ago and I ran heavy amounts of carbon and cuprisorb by seachem to remove any traces of it. Obviously standard test kits will not detect copper under a certain amount like an ICP test would but if any traces were still left in the tank most of my lps and my...
  7. Highlyagaming

I used cupramin as it was the only product available to me on such short notice. Did the job but maintaining the correct levels for it to work was a pain as something in the tank kept lowering it daily.
  8. Highlyagaming

Thanks, update was not as indepth as I would have liked but it explanes a little on the journey so far. I will be doing weekly updates if I can from now on, plan on getting a few corals this week along with a product called skimmer guardian by h2ocean which will auto shutoff the skimmer when...
  9. Highlyagaming

Sorry for the multiple posts, it will not let me post more than 10 photos per post and I decided to break it up anyways instead of having a massive wall of text in one post lmao. So fast forward to about a month ago, I decided to pull the trigger and try out some easy sps. Got myself a few...
  10. Highlyagaming

Everything was going as planned and as directed by the reef mature program I added my fish and cuc ect as advised, so the stock at the time I started off with a pair of clown fish and a cardinal and shortly after that I introduced the survivors from my old tank a foxface, blue spot gobby & blue...
  11. Highlyagaming

So as you can see I purpously left a big area on the right for a rock with a leather and some mushrooms I kept from my old tank along with plently of sand realestate up front for some nice fungias and meat corals which I have yet to buy lol, I am also planning on adding an extra structure on the...
  12. Highlyagaming

Ok so now I am at home and I finally have some time to dedicate for a decent update to whats been going on with the new tank. Ok so lets start at the begining, The new tank arrived on the 7th August 2020 and I was absolutly loving it and so was my son. Everything took about a day to unpack and...
  13. Highlyagaming

Hey bud been ages since my last update, keep forgetting especially now with kid number two in the picture lmao Ill work on getting a few pics of the build today, ive had it running about 8 months or so and slowly adjusting the tank to where it needs to be. My old doser broke so had to get a...
  14. Highlyagaming

Ok so quick updated on last nights rant, old tanks been moved temp to my study until it gets sold. Ive gone ahead and changed my order to the 525xl (wifes gonna hate me but once its here no turning back), hopefully in a months time I will be starting a whole new journey and try to record and...
  15. Highlyagaming

Well sadly my mates just contacted me and told me his fish have kicked my tangs asses and I have so far lost the yellow belly regal, yellow and sail fin tangs along with the Lobophyllia. I knew it was going to happen but whats pissed me off the most is that this has been a forced change which I...
  16. Highlyagaming

Guess with that ill shut this thread down, and once the new one arrives next month ill make a new one with a step by step blog :D
  17. Highlyagaming

And just like that after 11 hours of work the tank is empty and everything has been transferred to my mates take for safe keeping till my new tank arrives. All the CUC and my clowns were put in a nano i set up though, takes get setup so fast and dam the tear down is intense lol
  18. Highlyagaming

Yeah super excited, went today to pay for the deposit and get the tank ordered. So locked down a few things now, defo going with the reefer xl 425 dual RS reef LED 90 & dual RS reefwave 25’s. Now Ive been thinking over the return pump and I am thinking of spending a little more money and...
  19. Highlyagaming

So its happened i put the tank for sale and within 4hrs it was sold, such a sad day to be getting rid of my tank. But hey now ill be for the first time ever getting a brand spanking new tank fresh from the store woho. So ive decided what I will be getting an here is the list tell me what you...
  20. Highlyagaming

very similar issues to me, I quite like the aluminium frame and the cable management system the S mas series brings. However I found the rear circulation pumps to noisy and not configurable enough with regards to directing the flow so I opted for two jebao controlled wavemakers to make that...