Search results

1. R

how to tune nano skimmer?

I know i must sound like a noob but after a year of reefing i decided to try the Aqua medic "nano wave" My lfs gave me a really good deal on it and here i am on the setup part. I am having trouble tunning the skimmer, it the venturi type with the pump on bottom. As for adjustments the pump has a...
  2. R

building a nano

hello, i spent 1.5 hours flipping through vargas 300g wood tank build and it has inspired me to build a nano, funny huh? What i want to do is take a common 10gal tank i already have and turn it in to a nano. but how ever i plan on taking the glass apart and making a little cube, via...
  3. R

i want a lion fish but need some advice!

ok i have a smaller reef tank, a 29g. I recently seen a dwarf fuzzy lionfish at the lfs and i want to get him or her. As far as my other tank mates go.. i have 1 green wrasse and 1 bumbley chromis a few astreas a few blue legs one big blue knuckle crab as far as coral, 1 kenya tree, 7or8...
  4. R

feeler: 70w hqi ballast

i have a 70w hqi metal halide ballast and i am either going to sell it or start a frag tank, I was wanting to post this to see what people would be willing to give for it. Thanks ballast only
  5. R

black sand??? and live sand question??

i did a tank change today and i had a emergency where i didnt get to put my sand back in. It is or was live. I swaped tanks 20 long to 29 and i didnt get to put my ls back in. What my qiestion is "how long would it tak to die off? it is not completely dry it is about 20 or 18 lbs in a rubbermaid...
  6. R

for trade valentini puffer

i have my puffer for trade, he is one of the more reef safe puffers, my to chromies think that he is one of them, its funny they try to school with him. i live around chattanooga tn , i don't want to shipp him, so if any one is in close proxemity and has anything at all for trade, pm me
  7. R

stonie quesion?

this is probally a newbie question but i could not find a answer to any where else. do lps and sps get any nutriance at all from what there "foot" directly conected to?? i know there is some indirectly through the calcium dissolves but i was wandering if what they where attached to had some...
  8. R

bright pink coraline ??

my tank has been up and running for a while 4 months and i noticed that some purple coraline on 2 different rocks turned bright pink. Is there something i am missing, What would cause this? Thanks
  9. R

copper yikes!!!!!

one of my buddies, not knowing what he was doing dosed his display tank with copper sulfide:doh: , to try to save his tang. So the whole tank crashed, snails, tang, and the rock turned a dark green color on the top. SO...... to try to get his tank back up we boiled the rock, boiled the sand...
  10. R

Fifth Day Creations

i went to my very favorite lfs store here in the south east, primarally the chattanooga area, it is called Fifth Day Creations, they are one of the more specalized stores here in town. They have 5 120 square tanks, i think there something like 48x48x12 that are just for corals, They have almost...
  11. R

low light corals???

what are some low level light coral? that i would be able to grow with cheaper florecents low light? thanks
  12. R

need some advise on diy lights "ballast"

i just bought the hagen power glow and marine glo i hooked it up the way the diagram showed and i cant get it to work, is there somting i am missing i dont know if there is anyother thing i need to "fire" the lights???????????? this is the ballast 80819 - Specifications - GE Commercial...
  13. R

MONSTER maroon clown

i went to the lfs y-day and saw what i thought should been keep in the freak show tank...jk, it was a huge maroon clown he had to be at least 5in long it was almost scary. Is this normall i have seen some clarkiis get big but a 5in maroon? how far along in is life would it have to be this large...
  14. R

silicate acid remover ???

what removes this stuff??? thanks
  15. R

what tanks come in 30" by 12"......

what are some common tanks with a 30"x12'' base lenghts????
  16. R

black clowns???

my local fish store "the bramuta triangle" has a pair of black clowns for 120 i was wondering about how much a pair cost? do they need a anomone to breed? they both look like they are 1.5" long so their maybe how old and is there like a certain age that they reach maturity??
  17. R

what to feed a new firefish??

just got my new firefish what should i feed it? and how much? does anyone know if there is any good saltwater stores in or on the northside of atlanta? thanks
  18. R

new member needs advise on lighting

i need some adivise, as a bit new to the saltwater world i need some advise on what i can do with what i have. i have a 40w motorola balast out of a flouecent light fixture. What bulbs can i use with it ??? I would like to use a power compact but with my smaller tank some bulbs are too long?? i...
  19. R

sand sifting fish

i am fairly new to the marine aqaurium hobby but as i plan on my new setup i have read and observed many fish at the tennesee aqurium and as well as my local fish shop, i seen a smaller fish 1.5 to 2 inches long, that would grab so sand in its mouth and "sift it out of its gills" kind of fun to...