Search results

1. cynicechoes

Got Pictures?

Hey guys! I have a newly cycled AP24 & am working on a stocking plan! I would love to see any pics you guys have of established tanks around that size so that I can get some ideas & ask some questions! Thanks
  2. cynicechoes

How much flow is too much?

Ok, if you don't already know, I have a 24g aquapod that hasjust finished cycling and we just got some new equipment... We replaced the stock pump with a maxijet 900 and also purchased a Hydor Korallia 1... when we plugged in the Korallia the pods on the walls of the tank got blown around...
  3. cynicechoes

Getting Rid of Aiptasia in Cycling Tank???

Hi everyone! I recently discovered through some very helpful people on RS that IDed it in my thread that I have Aiptasia. My tank is still cycling and it is an AP24g. I was advised that I probably don't want to ignore it until the cycle is over, so I was looking for some opinions on how to get...
  4. cynicechoes

Cleaner Shrimp Died!? Also water change ?

Ok so we thought that it would be ok to add a cleaner shrimp & a fighting conche to our tank, but apparently it wasn't, cuz the shrimp died within 5 hours of acclimating it and putting it in the tank, the conch is still alive however, but he doesn't seem to really be moving around (are they...
  5. cynicechoes

Sapphire Aquatics Skimmer/Refugium

Ok, so I have the aquapod 24 & I have heard from some people about the skimmers produced by Sapphire Aquatics. We definitely need to invest in a protein skimmer, but are unsure what to go with since we need a submersible/in-tank one. When I saw that sapphire produces one specialized for my tank...
  6. cynicechoes

New Tank & Algae???

So, our tank is less than a week old & it seems to be very quickly being taken over by this golden brownish colored algae! It's on the rock & even the sand is getting it! Is this a problem??? Is there anything we can do about it since we can't add cleaner crew because the tank isn't cycled???
  7. cynicechoes

Cody & KCs Newbie Reef Tank!

This is our very first tank & we are very excited & nervous too! We are learning so many new things each day, but still have a lot of questions we'll probably be running into on a frequent basis, so be prepared... haha! :lol: Suggestions will be warmly accepted! And thanks for the warm welcome...
  8. cynicechoes

My tank smells, why?

We just set up our tank about 2 days ago and yesterday threw in 2 cocktail shrimp. The tank stinks today. Is there a problem or is this normal? How long before we can ditch the shrimp? Thanks
  9. cynicechoes

24g Aquapod Questions

Ok so we just started a reef tank in a 24g aquapod and we have a few questions. We are eventually hoping to have a pair of clownfish with an anemone for them to host in and some corals of course, with a cleaner shrimp or something. 1. Is the circulation that the standard 290 gph pump provides...
  10. cynicechoes

Hey everyone!

Hi, my name is Casey, my husband Cody and I will both be using the account! We are both new to marine aquariums and are starting a reef tank in a 24g aquapod! We are really excited and will probably be asking a lot of questions, so any advice you can offer will be warmly accepted!