Search results

1. RyanC

Chems went crazy

I knew going into this 40 galtank my inhiatants would be small and few 6-8 probably fish wise. My wish list for this tank are all good with inverts. What I didn’t really look into was the CUC crew until I was a month into cycling and I got to say, they are cool as hell for my. I like the...
  2. RyanC

Chems went crazy

Cleaner shed on 22nd of sept and could be seen up until last Friday. He was in a hiding spot but was in sight. I got in my tank Sunday and lifted the rock it likes to hide in and nothing. My tank is small and not too many places he could hide like that. Plus I lost 3 hermits and an emerald crab...
  3. RyanC

Chems went crazy

I have my saltwater mixing station on my Christmas list to Santa aka wife. The LFS store I frequent has a lot of discount equipment they refurbish and everything. I know they use Fritz salt which is the one I was looking at using myself. I haven’t seen my cleaner shrimp in about 24 hours, could...
  4. RyanC

Chems went crazy

Thanks for the information. The LFS did give me the readings, I just didn’t write them down and when they told me they are good I had asked if they were in the parameters. For the most part my fish and inverts are fine. My emerald crab isn’t coming out like he usually does when I feed the fish...
  5. RyanC

Chems went crazy

hello all, Ok so my chems didn’t go crazy but they did change on me quite a bit. My levels have been quite steady since I started testing myself, sept 17. Before that I went to the LFS and had them done and I never asked the numbers but was told they were all good. My levels have been: Ph-8...
  6. RyanC

New quarantine tank. Will this be good?

I invested in a qt today. It’s an all in one fluval 5 gal. I know it’s a bit small, but after talking to my LFS guy and going over my wish list, he said this would be perfect. I plan on doing it one fish at a time and probably 2-4 weeks in between the time I move the qt fish from qt to DT just...
  7. RyanC

Quarantine tank and set up

Went and picked up the fluval 5 gallon all in one. 5 gal is a bit small but all the fish I have on my wish list are rather small as well and I’m only doing 1 fish at a time so I went ahead with it. Got a sponge as well, which I can cut atleast 3-4 times for other quarantines. Still need to pick...
  8. RyanC

Thanks for the info. Couple questions. Should I just get the sponge filter and not worry about the all in one section of the aquarium? Do I put the sponge filter in the display part of the tank or can that go into the back part where the media goes? Lastly, my DT tank is also an all in one with...
  9. RyanC

hello everyone. It has now been 7 weeks since I started. I have added 2 occerlarious clown fish and a CUC consisting of 6 red legged hermits, 9 snails, 4 of those nassarius and the rest all different species, a brittle starfish, cleaner shrimp and an emerald crab. I am hoping to add another fish...
  10. RyanC

Newbie here

Thank you both for the info. I do know about the cycle time and don’t plan on adding anything for 4-6 weeks or more depending on the levels. I have been told by both my LFS that clown fish are considered hardy enough to be able to add while cycling. Are they wrong? I did use a quick start...
  11. RyanC

Newbie here

Hello everyone. My family and I have decided to take up a saltwater aquarium as a family bonding hobby together and couldn’t be more excited. Neither my wife or I have ever had an aquarium so we decided that to make it a little more easy on us, we purchased an Aquatop Recife eco 40 gal all in...