Search results

1. hma

Need help with ID a fish

Hello buddies, need after a long time once again your help. Who knows this fish ? the picture was taken along the coastline of California in a kelp forrest. Thanks in advanced
  2. hma

Periclimenes Species ?

I don't know. So, what do you think it is? A shrimp of course, a cleaner shrimp, that's for sure .... but which one? The pic was taken in Sulawesi - Lembeh street. At first I thought of Belize, but that is incorrect. My dive-diary says Lembeh street - Sulawesi.
  3. hma

Picture of a Margined Dottyback ?

Hi buddies, I'm looking for a picture of a Pholidochromis cf marginata (Margined Dottyback) for Reeflex, of course with all credits to the author. Would be great if someone could help me.
  4. hma

Does anyone know this grouper?

Hi buddies need, once again your help. Who can clearly identify this grouper? I think of a Plectropomus species, but I'm not sure at all . Thank's
  5. hma

need once again your help !

Seeking the exact scientific name of this fish: It is a Ecsenius sp. , but which one? Origin: Red Sea, reef, small tide pools Thank's
  6. hma

Need fish ID

Hi buddies, I'm trying to identify this fish, who can help? :o :fishy: Thank you
  7. hma

Need help with shell and coral ID

Hi buddies, need help to identification this shell. Can't ID them 100%, maybe someone here on RS has any idea? Maybe some kind of ouster? Under the shell, at the lower edge of peel grows an even small coral (1,5cm slowly growing over some weeks), what could it be? I have a guess, but would...
  8. hma

Black coral ID

Hi buddies, I have the next challenge for you. I am looking for the latin name of this coral. It is a black coral, which is obvious, but what exactly? The pictures was taken in the waters of Zanzibar in about 15 to 20 m deep.
  9. hma

Need your help

Hi buddies, this time I need your help please. What kind of soft coral is this ? I suspect a Heteroxenia fuscescens but I'm not sure, so maybesomeone here can help me. :dunno:
  10. hma

Retrospective - HMA's 115 gal Reef

Hi buddies, since almost 6 years now I have (in addition to my various other aquaria) my 115 gal reef aquarium. Today I decided to show you a „look back in pictures“ or a so called „retrospective“. In a slide-show you see (as I think) my most beautiful photographs of the reef aquarium in...
  11. hma

Brown Jelly Treatment

Today I have published an article on the subject "Brown Jelly Treatment". Even if in bad English, maybe it interests the one or other. Important Remark: Given that chloramphenicol is a extremely lipid soluble and highly potent antibiotic you should always wear rubber gloves during treatments...
  12. hma

Happy Birthday Boomer !

Happy Birthday Boomer :crowd: On your birthday I wish you much pleasure and joy; :crowd: I hope all of your wishes come true. May each hour and minute be filled with delight, And your birthday be perfect for you!
  13. hma

Fighting Pesky Dinoflagellates & cyanobacteria!

Pesky Dinos! The following measures should be applied at least 7, better 14 days, very strictly to succeed. -Measures for the reduction of the nutrients in an area near 0 mg (PO4/NO3) -Admit no new nutrients like trace elements / amino acids and vitamins (NO B12). -No water changes, on...
  14. hma

OT: Batman or Superman ?

Read first, look afterwards at the picture below. :smck: Airport security Customs official: Your name please Airline passenger: Batman Customs official: Your real name, please Airline passenger: My name is Bat-man Customs official: Want you to become amusing here?! How is...
  15. hma

ID Please !

Today I have to ask once for your assistance. I search the ID for the animal shown in the pictures below. At first only a polyp from approx. 2,5-3cm (o.9 - 1.2 " diameter) had formed. In the meantime, however after 5 months, these are 14 polyps to see how in the picture, they do not stand...
  16. hma

A present from St. Nicholas'

Ho Ho Ho ooooooh. here is my present to the Saint Nicholas' Day to all members and guests of Reef Sanctuary. A photo calendar for 2008 with all " US public holydays "! He is ready on my web sides to look and/or download. The original files are in a self-unpacking archive, to see in...
  17. hma

Breeding of Lysmata wurdemanni (Peppermint shrimp)

Breeding of Lysmata wurdemanni (Peppermint shrimp) Report of experience for Reefsanctury by Heinz Mahler (HMA) Introduction I do not know what you thinking about that? You read on the Internet or books and magazines an interesting report on the breeding of Lysmata wundermanni...
  18. hma

My „Cleaning station”

Hi together.... Today I would like to show you some pictures of my „Cleaning station” ! The two make a splendid job. Since I have the “Cleaning station” in my Fish tank, Ich is never a serious problem for my Tangs. Ok …. I uses also ozone, but the chief work however do the „ Cleaning station“.
  19. hma

HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank

Well, Frank (FFrankie) wrote me these days „Start a thread on one of your tanks so we can experience the build of it and how you deal with your issues.”. OK Frank here’s the Thread. HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank The choice of marine aquarium or reef aquarium you plan to set up often begins with...
  20. hma

ID please !?

hi together, which could that be on attached photo ? perhaps a acanthastrea (LPS) but I’m not shure. has a lime skeleton so it cannot be a disc anemone . i found it, back from a business trip, on live rock from tonga is. tks heinz