Search results

1. SaltNoob

THANK YOU

Okay so I have found someone to take my RSM 130D adopted tank. I would like to thank everyone who has helped me along the way to better understand some of the ins and outs of keeping salt boxes. I acquired so much knowledge from you guys and girls and truly appreciate it. If I ever decide to...
  2. SaltNoob

MY CLOWNIES...

Ok, so I purchased 2 clowns (percs) as juvies back in Sept. All has been fine up until about a week ago. The bigger one has become quite agressive towards the other. Often times chasing it up towards left corner where outputs are and "squashing" him flat into the corner before swimming away...
  3. SaltNoob

Some Say Yes, Some Say No...

Can i purchase a chunk of live rock and simply toss it in my tank?
  4. SaltNoob

Adhering Corals To Rock

I leave my little frag pieces on the plugs they come on and try to find little crevices or places on a rock where they "fit." I usually use superglue but was wondering if anyone had ever tried QuikSteel? It's drinking water safe so I'm assuming it's inert and safe for my tank. Anyone out there...
  5. SaltNoob

Kinda Sketched Out

So I met up with a guy whos a friend of a froend of a friend... and bought a couple frags and 2 turbos. When I got them home I noticed a few squiggly wigglies cruising around. Kinda look like lice. TINY. Also saw what looks like a tiny mantis shrimp (WTF!?) Should I not put these things in my...
  6. SaltNoob

Can I...?

Use a traditional HOB or internal filter for saltwater tank? I'd like to convert a 20 long into a salty for 2 clowns and a pep shrimp with a small CUC. Would I need a skimmer?
  7. SaltNoob

130 D lighting

Ok, so my stock lights are HOT and expensive. Does anyone have a link for a DIY light switcheroo, possibly to leds? Possibly "easy." (I'm not the most electrically inclined) I'm mostly FOWLR but have a small Xenia and a small zoa. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in...
  8. SaltNoob

Has anyone ever...

Plucked a few snails and or tiny rock crabs from tide pools and dropped them in their tank? #Curious
  9. SaltNoob

Skimmy Dippin'...

So, my skimmer on my RSM 130 was working fine for the past few weeks, but the past week or so the cup has been empty and no bubbly funk or anything of that nature. The pump is working fine and I've adjusted air intake but zero results. Any thoughts/comments/ideas? Thanks, salties.
  10. SaltNoob

Sick or Dying?

My Xenia looks super droopy and "sad." She is turning a grayish color from her usual purplish hue. Any ideas on her status?
  11. SaltNoob

I'm lost...

What are people referring to when they talk about "dipping" a coral? I'm interested in getting a few and am lost on this concept. Anyone? Thanks...
  12. SaltNoob

AM I THE ONLY ONE?

Who decorates their tanks? Haunting Season is upon us!!!
  13. SaltNoob

I said I wasn't, but I did...

Introducing... Dixie Mae! The cutest little Xenia this side of the Pecos.
  14. SaltNoob

Simple Hearty Corals

Do these exist or is this an oxymoron? I've got the standard RSM 130D w the T5s... Just curious... :jumprope:
  15. SaltNoob

Clean up

Can I siphon my aragonite/crushed coral the same I would my freshies? Any I'll affects for hermits and pep shrimp?
  16. SaltNoob

when can clownfish breed?

OK, so one of my young(?) Clownfish roughly 1 1/2" has a mildly distended belly. Any chance the little critter is pregs? Tried to get a photo, but alas it was not to be. I'll keep trying though... EDIT: OK, here's some (horrible) photos...
  17. SaltNoob

SNAP! CRACKLE! POP!

OK, so I've started hearing a loud popping or snapping or cracking sound coming from my tank... WTF? Anyone?
  18. SaltNoob

"HOMEMADE" FISH FOOD?

Anyone out there have some ideas on supplementing my fish with simple store bought items? My LFS is an hour trip and often don't have any food. I'm hip to the nori and (possibly?) raw shrimp. I have a yellow tang, 2 baby clowns, a PJ cardinal, a damsel (?) And 3 little Chromis'.
  19. SaltNoob

Feeding Advice

So... I've been advised to only feed my critters once a day. Fine. BUT... My Tang is ALWAYS pecking at rocks and sand in what appears to be an attempt for food. My clowns also appear to be hungry. I dropped a couple hermit shells for the crabs to investigate and ALL my fish attacked. Can I feed...