Search results

1. Techno-Vicki

Leaving a Legacy...

I dedicate this threat to Allen, whom I hope will share his “Green dream.” This thread is started in the hopes that it always continues. I pose this question to each of you who reads this: “What legacy do you plan to leave your children and their children? How will you make this world a...
  2. Techno-Vicki

Valentines Couple

They have a temporary truce.
  3. Techno-Vicki

Blasto creates babies!

I have a beautiful super red blasto that is producing its own babies. I am amazed how it is doing it. It forms a bubble, then the bubble grows and babies form on it, then it extends into a long extentions with babies all around. I am waiting for the extension to 'drop' off; however, I was...
  4. Techno-Vicki

Cespitularia "Blue Xenia"!

I have waited over a year to get my parent crop of Cespitularia, “Blue Xenia”. I finally have them. I am presenting several pictures of them so that anyone who decides they would like one understand: what they are, what they need; and what they look like. When they first arrive, they will be...
  5. Techno-Vicki

Coral Id Please

Need some help. I am just not having any luck identifying a couple of corals. The second one I have two pictures of. I have had the coral for about 3 years. I bought it from a long time hobbiest going out of the hobby. It was way back in his tank and all brown. It has doubled in size but for the...
  6. Techno-Vicki

Baby Blue Acros & Id Please

Great find! Aqua cultured baby blue acros! There are beautiful corals, and I had to take pictures a couple of times before I was happy with the color. I want the pictures to represent the true beauty of the corals. Although it is close, they are still more beautiful in color. Also, could I...
  7. Techno-Vicki

BigAl: I bit the bullet and 2 "Blues" on the way!

Yep, I just ordered two cespitularia, blue xenia!!:whstlr: :whstlr: Only 1 place in CA that has them at a reasonable price. I have been looking for about a year and just holding off. It is all Allen's fault. He starting getting me going again about propagating them. Soooo......here we...
  8. Techno-Vicki

New Year Specials!

Hi everyone! I have just updated my corals and put several on special, I even posted several of my yumas I have had for about 6 months. Have a great new year!!! softies stonies_clams
  9. Techno-Vicki

OT: Winter Holidays at the Beach

Just got back from Morro Bay California. The weather was beautiful; the golf was fun and the company perfect (Jack, my sister and her family, and good friends). Hope everyone else had a relaxing break as well. Have a Great New Year!! Here are few pics.
  10. Techno-Vicki

Electrical Leakage!!

Yesterday I was cleaning the tank and I felt a shock (yes gloves off). I put my hand in and left it and it got worse. Jack suggested that I pull electrical equipment one at a time. After the third shock, I gave that up and cut all the power. I started plugging everything back in. It was the...
  11. Techno-Vicki

Fire Shrimp & Arabian

Here are a couple of fun pictures I took this morning. My large fire shrimp is molting and so he is out in the open and even allowed me to touch him. Usually he hides except at feeding time. There are a couple of my arabian, one she is even ready to take a bit out of the smaller fire shrimp...
  12. Techno-Vicki

Understanding RTD in Acros

I have really learned a lot about retracting tissue diease (RTD) from personal experience. First, I would like to thank Jack for really pushing the Korias on me. I kept fighting because I knew I was going to get a bigger tank in a few months. I broke down and got them about 2 weeks ago, and...
  13. Techno-Vicki

OT: Message to Core Members

You know who you are and I want to say I miss getting online and talking with you. You guys and gals I feel like family with. I want to say I am not avoiding getting online, I just have "too many irons in the fire." When I can, I will get online, I have to go soon because I just got a message...
  14. Techno-Vicki

OT: Who Should Pay the Ticket? Jack or Vicki

Ok, here is the story: It has been a long week with very little sleep on my part and major long hours at work (average 11 per day). The last two nights I have only had 3 1/2 hours of sleep both nights. Needless to say, I am wiped out. I was so excited, I told Jack this morning I am getting...
  15. Techno-Vicki

Gooooood MORNING WRASSES!!

I get up pretty early, even earlier than my fish. I sit with coffee and watch my 2 yellow wrasses come up out of the sand bed when they wake up. It is a very cool way to start the morning (Jack is still asleep). I decided to just play this morning and put their morning wake-up on film. You...
  16. Techno-Vicki

Hair Algae Attack!!!! Who will Win?

I have not posted pics of the 90 because it is an embarassment to say the least. I put rocks in the tank that were in a friend's eel tank (we won't mention names). The rock was covered with hair algae, but I figured it would go away eventually. NOPE, no luck. When Jack and I were on our...
  17. Techno-Vicki

The Black Blob!!!!

Found this guy in my prop tank about a week ago. Thought he was a mushroom attached to the bottom of the tank. It was late, I tried to detach it to put it back with my other mushrooms, thinking, "I didn't know I have black mushrooms?" The next day I went into look for it and it wasn't there...
  18. Techno-Vicki

Lost My Anthias

Two days ago, I noticed my male anthias I have had for two years, who was more like a friendly dog than a fish, was not out and eating. He was breathing very heavily. He staying in various spots in the rock not coming out. This morning I found him upside down in the tank. It has been 3...
  19. Techno-Vicki

Mystery date and present

Jack and I went to LA today. It was great. On the way home he said, I put a fish in your box (we purchase under seperate businesses). Then he finally gave me a clue...Heinz. I said, "A BOX FISH!!!." He knew I wanted one and put it in as a present. I have him in my little 12 gal all by...
  20. Techno-Vicki

Happy the Harlequin Shrimp

Happy lives in my 24 gallon with 2 yellowtail damsels, an Arabian pseudocromis, several hermit crabs and snails and a few corals. He is great. Tonight I was feeding him little star fish. I collect the little algae eating ones that flourish in my 125. Well, I decided to try and feed him with...