Search results

1. dgilbert2

Maximum Short Term Water Temperature For Reef Tank?

Similar to above, just setup a pedestal fan to blow across the surface of the water, evaporation is usually good enough for the UK.
  2. dgilbert2

Multicolor Dwarf Angel & C130?

I understand what your saying, my instinct and past experience was setting off alarm bells in my head though. My days of taking every girl out are long gone though :winky:
  3. dgilbert2

Skimmer Replacement C130

Having run a tank for years without a skimmer, I'm not ready to switch it off to be honest, especially when I see how much dirt it removes each week. What I did try last night was to extend the skimmer air inlet pipe with a 8" length of air tube. Surprisingly, its made things much quieter, but...
  4. dgilbert2

Having slept on this, I've decided to keep searching for another fish, even though the Multicolor angel is such a lovely fish. However, its too much of a risk to put the fish into my relatively "small" tank. Also, I'd read a few times where this pygmy angel was more prone to nibble, or even eat...
  5. dgilbert2

Thanks for your feedback, I will need to sleep on it as the fish is quite expensive too :-o
  6. dgilbert2

Empty its 130L, or 34 US Gallons
  7. dgilbert2

I've seen a lovely Multicolor Dwarf Angel today and would love to add it to my C130 reef tank. However, I think the C130 is too small? Apart from my corals I only have two small common Clownfish. Would you add, or keep away?
  8. dgilbert2

Skimmer Replacement C130

Thanks for the interesting feedback. My stock skimmer, although noisy, each week does remove quite a lot of thick slim (I run quite dry). This has convinced me not to switch it off, as my view is all that dirt is better out than in :) This dirt is with only two small common clown fish fed once a...
  9. dgilbert2

Skimmer Replacement C130

I am considering replacing my stock C130 skimmer as we're getting tried of the noise from the air inlet pipe all the time and either overflowing or doing nothing. Whats the latest choice that's easy to fit without any modifications and is more effective at skimming?
  10. dgilbert2

Steve's LEDs

I do find the noise of the cooling air flowing down the tube can be heard and is really noticeable when "on the bench". It is quieter though when fitted to the hood, but I agree, it is certainly audible. Quieter than the stock fans though.
  11. dgilbert2

Fish Choice for my C130?

My tank is lit with Stevesleds, although to be fair the photo is more down to the camera and Photoshop ;)
  12. dgilbert2

Fish Choice for my C130?

Sadly I lost both the green chromis over the last week. No obivious problems at all, eating fine, no fighting then one stopped coming out the rocks and died within 24 hours. The second chromis did the same a week later. Feeling really sad and guilty I could not make them happy :-(
  13. dgilbert2

Steve's LEDs

The fan in mine is slightly quieter than the stock fans were. It's not catching on anything is it?
  14. dgilbert2

David's Red Sea Max C130

Hi Nick, my LEDs are currently set to 60% blue, 54% white. I tend to increase each by 2% about every 6 weeks or so now.
  15. dgilbert2

David's Red Sea Max C130

Time for an updated tank picture;
  16. dgilbert2

Fish Choice for my C130?

A few pictures;
  17. dgilbert2

Fish Choice for my C130?

After weeks of searching(!!) I eventually found a nice small clown fish. He immediately settled in with the older "bigger" clown and they seem to be getting on really well. Thanks for the advise to introduce a smaller clown, it has certainly worked, well pleased :yup: Also introduced 2 Green...
  18. dgilbert2

Fish Choice for my C130?

Got my maths wrong, my clowns would have been together for over 7 years, not 5!
  19. dgilbert2

Fish Choice for my C130?

Thanks Oxylebius for a really helpful and detailed reply. Yes, both my clowns were together for over 5 years and it was the smaller one that died. They never really grew all that much so the largest is still only about 1.5 inches. Getting a smaller one should therefore be straight forward...
  20. dgilbert2

Fish Choice for my C130?

Sadly one of my Common Clownfish died over the holidays after keeping him for over 5 years. So I'm now left with just a single Clownfish with no other fish. Therefore its time to re-stock, but not sure what is best? 1) Buy another Common Clown but worried the original will not like an intruder...